Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Scotsmac
Contributor
Message 1 of 4

Bt Sport - Don't want it, didn't order it... but BT says I have

Go to solution

Email received 9.25am Christmas Day, "confirming my order" for the BT Sport App. My last contact with BT regarding Sport was 9th of June - after £5 a month was added to my bill for a BT Sport App that I hadn't asked for either. I spoke to a young call-centre lady to cancel anything to do with BT Sport, and at the end of our conversation she confirmed it was cancelled. The billing stopped.

The Christmas email was addressed to me by name, seems genuine, and I find BT sport is now showing as part of my BT Infinity 2 package. Didn't see any point in phoning any call centre over the holiday, since it's unlikely any UK one is operating.

I'll call them tomorrow but in the meantime just wondered how many other people got similar emails over Christmas. Almost like they hoped we wouldn't notice...

Also [quote] Because you asked us to start BT Sport almost immediately, you can't cancel your order and you'll need to give us 30 days' notice to stop BT Sport [/quote]

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Bt Sport - Don't want it, didn't order it... but BT says I have

Go to solution

See if there is a new order showing.

https://www.bt.com/appsordermgmt/secure/listoforders.do

Scotsmac
Contributor
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

Thanks Keith - No new order showing. Last one was the Stop Sport one back in June. Hopefully, it's just some email glitch, but I'll keep an eye on things 🙂

0 Ratings
Scotsmac
Contributor
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

Here's an uncanny coincidence. This afternoon my missus got a text on her Virgin Mobile iPhone, allegedly from BT, starting "Hello BT here..." and inviting us to respond to a survey "about our recent contact". Now our BT account is in my name and we've never contacted BT using her number (always email or landline).

A quick web search confirmed my suspicions of a scammer. There are entries going back to 2012. Obvious clues were the usual - no named greeting, no account number and an invitation to respond to a survey that was going to be charged to the caller's account.

So just a reminder to people that receiving that type of survey request following a "recent contact" with BT is almost certainly just a scam coincidence.

How to block a number on iPhone

http://www.macworld.co.uk/how-to/iphone/how-block-number-any-iphone-ios-7-ios-6-ios-9-ios-10-3457215...

0 Ratings