cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Bt Virus Protect - Update Error

Hi, 

I've recently installed the Bt Virus Protect however when i go into PC Security and click "Check For Update"  it downloads, then a popup says to close the app, when I close the app it does nothing. 
When I re-open it and goto the same place it does exactly the same thing. 

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Bt Virus Protect - Update Error

when you do the update, let it restart, but look at the McFee icon in the taskbar by the clock, and that should show you if the update is being installed as you'll get another little icon on top the McFee icon and if you point your mouse at it, it will say something like updates in progress and then a percentage completed number like 10% for example.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

The thing is it doesn't complete, it just restarts it comes up installing updates and then displays an error saying 

Mcafee cannot update your software.  Check your internet connection ...blah blah blah

I have left it doing it all afternoon and it still has not installed the update, it downloads fine it just refuses to update.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

What OS are you running? (it doesn't work on Windows 7)

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Windows 10 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Have you tried removing McFee and then going back to the BT website & downloading it again. And check that is has been activated. 

0 Ratings