Message 10 of 28

Re: BT Cloud is this normal?

👍

0 Ratings
Richard1971
Beginner
Message 12 of 28

Re: BT cloud new upload problem

Hi, I am having exactly same problem. Mine started at the same time....have you had it resolved?

Some of my photos upload but some dont. Very strange.

Thanks.

Richard.

0 Ratings
dbedford
Contributor
Message 13 of 28

Re: Bt cloud some photos not uploading

Hi,

Do the files that won't load have anything in common, file format, files size, pixel size, date taken? 

0 Ratings
Richard1971
Beginner
Message 14 of 28

Re: Bt cloud some photos not uploading

Hi, 90% of the photos on the cloud are from my wife's phone. So, I assume they are a similar size, format etc (she assures me she didn't change anything on the camera). The photos were taken on different dates but the issue started in the 26th July.

0 Ratings
ChrispyB
Aspiring Contributor
Message 15 of 28

Re: BT Cloud is this normal?

I have exactly the same problem. The helpline say it's a problem with my PC. Well I've tried it on 3 PCs now and it's the same on all of them. The Indian helpline team just aren't interested, I can't even understand some of them, but I do know that they have all wished me a nice day. It gets a little tedious after 7 calls.

I only renewed my contract with BT because of the 500 gig now available as standard on Cloud. I really wish that I'd moved. BT is fine when things work but their support offering just sucks. They really couldn't care less.
0 Ratings
ChrispyB
Aspiring Contributor
Message 16 of 28

Re: BT Cloud - Status of Files Uploaded is Stuck Displaying 'Checking'

Same problem here. They deny there is an issue.
0 Ratings
Message 17 of 28

Re: BT Cloud - Status of Files Uploaded is Stuck Displaying 'Checking'

Thanks for trying that @ChrispyB. If you're still having problems your best bet would be the cloud live chat team who should be able to help.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
22pilgrim
Aspiring Contributor
Message 18 of 28

Re: BT cloud new upload problem

No Richard, it's still the same. If no supervisor calls me back by 1700hrs today, of the cloud is fixed, I will be putting in a complaint.

0 Ratings
StuartRB
Message 19 of 28

BT Cloud corrupted files

Hi

Recently started using BT Cloud. Last night I did a bulk upload of photos and videos from my iPhone and my wife did the same today (via the iPhone app).

About 50% of the photos cannot be viewed on the cloud - they have the standard green placeholder image.  They do appear to have a valid size but clicking on Download does not do anything. 

Is this an existing issue?

It seems a bit of a mess since I don't have an easy way to find out which of my photos are successfully backed up and which are not.

Thanks.

S

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 20 of 28

Re: BT Cloud corrupted files

Hi all and thanks again for bringing this to our attention.

We’ve had an update from the Cloud team who have confirmed that we updated our BT Cloud hardware on Thursday, to add more storage space. This is a routine upgrade, but we ran into some technical problems which meant the upgrade work took much longer than expected.

The knock on impact was whenever a customer uploads a new file to BT Cloud, we check the file for viruses and then generate a thumbnail. Normally this happens almost instantly, but while the upgrade work was in process, the components of BT Cloud that check files for viruses and generate thumbnails were running very slowly. This meant that a backlog of newly uploaded files started to build up.

We’ve now fully fixed the problems, and are working through the backlog of files to scan them for viruses and generate thumbnails. We’re nearly there, the backlog is now mostly clear, but it might take another 24-48 hours for things to be completely back to normal. Our team are keeping a very close eye on performance, and if these timings change then we’ll let you know. During this time, there may still be a small gap between files being uploaded and their thumbnails to appear in BT Cloud. We know this has caused some frustration but don’t worry – all your files are safe and secure.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings