Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mochalatte123
Beginner
Message 1 of 17

Bt cloud sync won't change folder location

Hey guys,

Im having an issue where BT cloud does can not sync or back up from any location other than the drive OSX is installed to. Ive got several other internal drives connected trough sata but what ever I do BT Cloud keeps returning this error. Is this normal? Becouse it renders the software useless for me. 

Screen Shot 2017-12-21 at 19.21.06.png

0 Ratings
16 REPLIES 16
Message 2 of 17

Re: Bt cloud sync won't change folder location

Hi @mochalatte123 Sorry you are having a problem with backing up from other locations.

Best to contact the Cloud Helpdesk on 0800 500 3114 and they will be able to help you with this.

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
budest
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 17

Please forgive me bumping an old post but I am faced with exactly the same issue.

I took your advice and contacted the BT Helpdesk, three times, and boy was that a challenge.  Each rep wasn't even aware that the folder location could be changed! I had to point out to them that under "Settings" the option was there and only then they were like..."Awwhhh" so I finished the calls at that point. 

This isn't a permissions issue with the drive I am trying to change the BT Cloud folder to as I have full access to the drive so it's obviously an issue iwth the app.

Is there a solution to this?

0 Ratings
mochalatte123
Beginner
Message 4 of 17

Exactly, Helpdesk wasnt exactly helpfull to me either. 

In my case, im going to use BT cloud for backupping my  photo library ( tonnes of raw format high resolution pictures).
theres no need for these to be on my maindrive and taking up scratch drive space etc. This is such basic functionality that I'm baffled why this is not possible.  Even worse, the option is there but its clearly broken. 

Bt cloud is a nice little extra to have in my package, but I'm starting to wonder if it might be better to pay a tenner for google drive 1tb and switch to a provider with lower rates. 

0 Ratings
budest
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 17

I have looked at other options myself but I don't think it's satisfactory for BT just to ignore this issue. It requires someone to look into it.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 17

Hi @budest and @mochalatte123 Please can you check out this thread  BT Cloud on C drive I believe that this is the case but I will check again with the Cloud team if this is still the case and post back to let you know.

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
mochalatte123
Beginner
Message 7 of 17

Hey John, 

Yes that seems to be exactly the issue we are running into, seems like this is a problem both on windows and mac. 
So the mod in that topic replied that this functionality will not be implemented. Is this still the case ?

thank you for looking into this,
Mocha 

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 17

Hi @mochalatte123 I will post back as soon as the Cloud team update us on this problem.

cheers

John

0 Ratings
budest
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 17

Hi John, 

Many thanks for your intervention in our problem.  Sorry to drag you into it but I can't seem to find any help on the matter.  Which is strange given that the desktop app offers the ability to change the folder location.  So one would wonder why that is if it's not possible.  

Again, thanks for your input and I look forward to hearing whatever you can find out.

0 Ratings
budest
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 17

Hi John, 

Any movement on this issue from the Cloud team?

0 Ratings