Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dovidleb71
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 10

Bt cloud

Hi 

I have latest update software but have only photos labelled Face Files. As this suggests each person is presented as a jpeg. I cannot access the original photo. an hour with bt helpline was total waste time. He hadnt a clue. 

How can i solve this?

Thanks

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Re: Bt cloud

Hi @Dovidleb71 and welcome.

Sorry you've not had any joy with the helpline. @JoeeeeeeR might be able to help with this. Would you mind taking a look Joe?

Cheers

David

Community ModeratorDaveM
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
Dovidleb71
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 10

Thank you that would be great
0 Ratings
JoeeeeeeR
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 10

Hi @Dovidleb71,

Is it a Samsung phone you're using? Samsung apparently keeps a system folder called 'Face Files', which is used for facial recognicision within Android. I suspect what's happening here is that BT Cloud is backing up this system folder.

If it's not backing up any of your regular photos then I'd start by going to the 'settings' menu of the BT Cloud app and checking that you have told it to back up photos - if you have then 'photos' should be ticked. Next, choose 'Sync All Now' from the app menu, and wait for it to do its thing. If the photos still aren't backing up then it sounds like a bug. My advise would be to email the mods and ask for help, or to email btcloud.support@bt.com.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
JoeeeeeeR
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 10

Apologies - I just realised I attached completely the wrong link. The link I meant to attach was to here: https://www.quora.com/Android-operating-system-What-are-face-files-in-Android-Is-it-okay-to-delete-t...

0 Ratings
Dovidleb71
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 10

sorry but i have a i phone  6 Strangely i can access all photos in full format from my phone. on laptop only face files cannot expand.

Thank you for you help

0 Ratings
JoeeeeeeR
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 10

Hi @Dovidleb71,

Ok sounds like a very odd one - Here are some questions to help understand what's going on here:

1. You say when you look at the photos on your iPhone that you can see the full photo. Do you mean when you look at them on the BT Cloud iPhone app, or just when looking on the iPhone's built in Photos app?
  2. If you can't see the photos on the BT Cloud app for your iPhone, what do you see there?
  3. On your laptop, where are you going to look at the photos? Are you looking in the BT Cloud Sync folder, on the BT Cloud website, or somewhere else?

Cheers,

Joe

0 Ratings
Dovidleb71
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 10

hi

Thankk you for your help.

In I-phone  in Bt cloud app I can see full photos with timeline.

In my Mac I see what are called face files which ask for face recognition.I cannot get full pictures .

I have Bt cloud app on my mac.

I access through bt cloud sync and BT cloud website.

Pics are all small.

Is it possible that the software I download could think I have Android  on PC, which does have built in face recognition

I have read on your forum.

Thank you again

Dovidleb71

0 Ratings
JoeeeeeeR
Aspiring Expert
Message 9 of 10

Hi @Dovidleb71,

I'm sure that the software isn't mistaking your Mac for Android. Here are the steps to make completely sure that the photos aren't making it to your Mac:

1. Open your Finder, and go to the 'BT Cloud Sync' folder.
  2. Inside this you should see subfolders for each mobile device you have connected to BT Cloud. As an example, I would see a subfolder called "Joe's iPad Mini"
  3. Inside this folder you should all the original photos from your iPhone (they'll be inside more subfolders, organised by Year and then Month).

If your photos aren't showing up there then something is going wrong with the software, and you'll need to ask BT for help. You can contact the mods, or email the developers at btcloud.support@bt.com.

0 Ratings
Dovidleb71
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 10

Thank you I will cntact bt again as you suggest

0 Ratings