cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

Bt hotspot

No matter what I’ve tried the Bt wi-fi does not notify me when I am near a hotspot I have deleted and reinstalled the app countless times but still the same , I have turned on all the notifications settings in the app and installed the connection profile it says done but it still does not work .

only thing I can’t understand is it say to finish installing go to the settings but which settings I’ve tried both the app settings and the phone settings any ideas what I’m doing wrong please , any help would be appreciated I know it’s not a necessary thing but if it’s there I’d like it to work 

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: Bt hotspot

are you currently able to connect to BTWIFI network on your own hub?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 3 of 8

Yes it’s just while I am out , when I go into the phone settings I can connect to Bt hotspot it’s just the fact it does not notify me that I am connected I always have to look
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

in BTWIFI app in settings do you have 

play sound when I connect?

auto login? 

connection settings then select ok then save

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 5 of 8

You'll soon turn it off again. Drives you mad walking up a street pinging away every time you go past a Home Hub.

Message 6 of 8

Are you sure there is a setting to play a sound when near a BTWifi hotspot.

I thought it was to play a sound when you connect to a BTWifi hotspot

In any event the box to tick is in the "settings" menu.

The other place to check is in your phones settings.

On Android there is a setting under Notifications which let you receive notifications from your apps. Make sure the BTWifi one is turned on.

I don't know if Apple phones have a similar setting but I suspect they might.

I also agree with licquorice that you will be driven mad by it if you do manage to turn it on.

Message 7 of 8

Thanks for the reply and yes I meant when connected and it’s all turned on in iPhone settings and Bt app settings but still does not make a connection sound or let you know on notification 

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

Wi-fi hotspot connection

I have installed the bt wi-fi app and installed the connection profile in settings also allowed notifications and sounds and my phone still won’t connect to hotspots it is connected to my bt internet at home and I have installed and uninstalled several times but it still won’t connect to a hotspot any idea what is wrong please 

0 Ratings