Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Toddie1982
Contributor
Message 1 of 10

Bt web protect and Bt parental controls

Go to solution
Hi all new to BT from Sky and I must say Ultrafast is fantastic!!

Only slight issue .... I cant seem to get the following extras to activate.....

BT Parental Controls
BT web protect

I have been with my Ultrafast service since the 26th March.

When trying to activate Parental controls it says that it is "unable to activate at this time". And "there was an error saving the data".

BT web protect simply says it is "Being activate on my account and to try again in 24 hours". This has been since my go live date on 26th.

I contacted customer services who talked my through a router reboot (dont want to do to often as would force a DLM 'kick in') Called again a couple of days ago and they said they would escalate but the system 5hat normally does this was having technical issues.

Can anyone help? It would be much appreciated.

Regards

Stuart
0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Toddie1982
Contributor
Message 2 of 10

Re: Bt web protect and Bt parental controls

Go to solution
Any available feedback on this one as getting no where when calling customer care!!
0 Ratings
Toddie1982
Contributor
Message 3 of 10

Go to solution
Have looked at other related threads and all seem to have been resolved via moderator AT BT end
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 10

Go to solution

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

Message 5 of 10

Go to solution

Hi @Toddie1982  welcome to the forum and thanks for posting. Sorry you are unable to get web protect and parental controls activated. I've sent you a Private message explaining how you can contact the forum moderation team and we will help you with this. 
Check here: https://community.bt.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage

cheers
John

Community ModeratorJohnC
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
Toddie1982
Contributor
Message 6 of 10

Go to solution
Thank you. Private message sent. Look forward to hearing back.

Stuart
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 10

Go to solution

Hi @Toddie1982  thanks for you PM. I've checked and your details are in the queue. Sorry but we are a bit behind at the moment but we will be in touch to help you as soon as we can.

Cheers
John

Community ModeratorJohnC
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
Message 8 of 10

Go to solution

Hi @Toddie1982  The bt.com faults team have got back to me and believe they have fixed this now for you. Please will you check and let me know how you get on activating the parental controls and web protect.

cheers
John

Community ModeratorJohnC
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
0 Ratings
Message 9 of 10

Go to solution

Hi @Toddie1982  thanks for taking the time to speak with me earlier and confirming that you have now tested these extras and they are working ok.

Cheers
John

Community ModeratorJohnC
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
Toddie1982
Contributor
Message 10 of 10

Go to solution
No problem excellent service 👍
0 Ratings