cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cinchbald
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

Bt wifi android app overrides other much stronger networks

I have installed the bt wifi app on my android phone. Once installed, whatever settings it is given it, whenever it finds a bt wifi hotspot it creates a new network and puts it at the top of the networks list. The phone therefore tries to connect to very weak bt wifi hotspots whilst ignoring much stronger access points including, for example, the range extender in my house and networks in other sites that I visit. Unless this behaviour can be controlled the application unusable.
0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 7

Re: Bt wifi android app overrides other much stronger networks

I have the same issue, my HTC wildfire regularly connects to the BTwifi on the hub rather than my own SSID I am always having to force it back or just leave on the BTwifi.

(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

I would suggest that you [both] wipe all connections from our devices, and start again using your hub as your primary connection.

The device of course remembers the last connection and will go there first. Smiley Wink

Edit:-

Just check the connection protocols on the app., and make sure you select hub first etc.....

AQ.
"Welcome to Royston Vasey - You'll never leave."

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 7

@AllanQuatermain wrote:

I would suggest that you [both] wipe all connections from our devices, and start again using your hub as your primary connection.

If I may......;). I did remove the unwanted BTWifi, BTWifi with Fon, BTOpenzone, BTOpenzone-B, BTOpenzone-H and BTFon SSID's from my android phone and still had a problem, which I would have to say is a conflict with the app and the settings on my phone.

Also I can't test this here as luckily my hub has not yet been updated to transmit the BTWifi SSID's but wouldn't the app simply find the BTWifi and BTWifi with Fon SSID's anyway on those hubs that have the BTWifi SSID's transmitting, thus causing a continual loop?

The device of course remembers the last connection and will go there first. Smiley Wink

Edit:-

Just check the connection protocols on the app., and make sure you select hub first etc.....

Mines set to give my connection priority

Further reading to my issue(s) with the app (or the hub2/3's....:|) - http://community.bt.com/t5/BB-Out-About/Android-BTWiFi-app-glitch/m-p/636916#M8503

-+-No longer a forum member-+-
JMB
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 7

I have found on my tablet that I have to switch the tablet off completely and restart. I have tried switching WiFi off then on, using Application Manager to Stop the BT applicatiob but none of these are sufficient. Switching is the onle way to make a WiFi connection using the BT App.
----
MB
----
0 Ratings
Jonkarra
Expert
Message 6 of 7

I'm using the android app too but my phone still connects to my home SSID first. Have you updated the app?

0 Ratings
JMB
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 7

@Jonkarra wrote:

I'm using the android app too but my phone still connects to my home SSID first. Have you updated the app?

I am using a tablet, Apps normally update automatically when there is an update issue.  it is showing Version 3.1.2

There does not seem to be a way to check for updates within the App so just have to hope it does automatic updates.

MB

----
MB
----
0 Ratings