cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

Bt wifi hotspot

Go to solution

I have just moved address before I was in bridgend which is a small housing estate ontop if a hill next to linlithgow when I was there I was using BT hotels while waiting for my net to go live and the hotspot closest to me was 3 miles away at almondvale centre livingston, however now I have moved I am 2 streets away from that exact hotspot and cant connect my firestick or phones to it...any suggestions would be welcomed here as I'm completely stumped with this one my engineer visit is booked for 3rd june(thursday) so I only really need it for a few days but it's so frustrating when the hotspot that was closest to me was 3 miles away and now I'm right next to it nothing...thanks for reading 

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: Bt wifi hotspot

Go to solution

@Craig1183 

Good morning. Whatever hotspot you were able to connect to before your move would not have been 3 miles away!

Have a gander at the information in the link below.

How do I find a BT Hotspot 

Message 3 of 8

Go to solution

I'm confused because the nearest hotspot to me in bridgend was almondvale which was top of the list and 3 miles away it said ?? 

Thanks for replying 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution

Was the almondvale one the nearest premium one by any chance? It sounds like there may have been others that weren't premium ones closer previously

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution

You know what gary i have no idea just started using this 6 weeks ago and moved house thinking id get logged onto hotspot here(as almondvale was closest one to me)  it says there is 9 around me when I searched my street but my bt wifi app says " no data" I stream everything so this is why I've put so many hours into trying to find a fix but it's looking like I just need to wait until engineer comes thursday to get plugged back in. Appreciate the message  thanks

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution

no need to use the app    with your device if you go to wireless connections as if you were going to connect can you then see any BTWIFI networks available   if so then try and connect if not then you have to wait for engineer visit

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution

The vast majority of hotspots are just BT homehubs in private houses. These are not listed, you just need to look for BTwifi  networks as @imjolly  says.

You were certainly not connecting to a hotspot 3 miles away previously, the range of a hotspot is measured in 10s of yards not miles.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution

Yeah someone earlier already explained that was the nearest premium hotspot that was 3 miles away on the app I seen  so that been cleared up 👍 

This is the 1st time I have used bt wifi and app.

Thanks for the comment 

0 Ratings