Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Fannon
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 4

Bt wifi

Go to solution
Hi ive been having a problem connecting to bt wifi I've been turning off the wifi on my home hub 5 overnite but over the last two days when I try to connect to bt wifi wen I'm out he wifi connects but I can't get in he internet , I just mention it because when I log into the hh sceen there is a message About being part of the bt community , and my question is are they connected , because I'm turning it off am I being stop from using wifi ?? Thanks
Tags (1)
0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 4

Re: Bt wifi

Go to solution

Normally, if you are opted in to BT WiFi, then you cannot turn the wireless off on your Home Hub.  If you can turn it off, then this suggests that you are opted out of the BT WiFi service.

This page https://www.bt.com/wifi/secure/status.do?s_cid=con_FURL_btfon/status can be used to check your status.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

It's nothing to do with turning off your router. See if the BT WiFi helpdesk 0800 022 33 22 can help but please report back here if that doesn't get it sorted.

EDIT: In view of ectophile's comments I should explain that I took it that the hub was being switched off.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
Fannon
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution
Hi it was a fault wit the iPhone software all ok now many thanks
0 Ratings