cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

By parental controls not working

So I have set my controls to light and also custom and I can still search on Google for stuff that should be blocked and also type in the website address and still get access. 

I have waited 2 hours for changes to be made and also rebooted the router bit still hasn't worked.  I have also turned off the controls and back on

I am getting emails to say that the settings have been changed and should be active within 10 mins. Does any have a solution to this??

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: By parental controls not working

Hi @Doc23562, welcome to the forum and sorry you are having a problem with the Parental Controls.

The first thing to check is that you are using BT's DNS settings. If not you will need to revert to them for the Parental Controls. Please check this and post back and let us know how you get on.

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 9

Thanks for coming back to me, do I need to check these on the router, as it is happening across several devices 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

Hi @Doc23562, it would be easier just to check it on one of your devices and if they are ok and you can still access content that should be blocked on that device we'll have to look into it further.

cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

Thanks I will check this out later tonight when I am home from work and come back to you with the results 

Message 6 of 9

Can see on my phone I am using BT DNS addressing and also on the computer 

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 9

Hi @Doc23562 Thanks for checking that, I'll send you a private message in a moment so you can send us over your details and we'll be happy to help.

You'll find the private message by clicking on the envelope in the top right of the community.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9

I have sent the private message but had no response

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 9

Hi @Doc23562 

Thank you for taking the time to send us over your details.

I have picked this up and I have replied to your private message.

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings