cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

CANNOT activate parental controls!

I have tried activating parental controls. Clicked the red activate icon and it tells me to wait 2 hours. Ive now tried this several times and still no joy! When I try to access a local brewery website (adnams.co.uk) it tells me its blocked and that I need to manage my parental controls and so im circling. I can access the site on mobile/4g on all devices in household all on BT. Cannot access adnams and others sites whilst connected to internet in all devices in household. Ive tried different browsers but still no joy! I have tried the live chat who did factory resets of the router etc and they told me to call technical help who just said theyll send me a new router. 
but surely not being able to activate parental controls is a systematic issue with BT themselves as its on their website and not the contained in the router? 
I currently have a BT Smart hub 2 and am on GFast. (I work for openreach and I know the line is very good). 

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: CANNOT activate parental controls!

can you access the parental controls when using the MYBT app?

have you turned off web protect?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

14C2FAFB-04D8-453E-9DB9-80EFE86EA889.png

I cannot access parental controls because it wont activate them when I press it. It gives me a green notification advising it could take 2 hours but im left with the same screen days later. A screen that says activate under parental controls.

and web protect offers a switch off and gives me a similar green notification advising 2 hours but again no joy.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

is smart setup turned off?

have you tried a hub reset or better a factory reset and see if that helps

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Smart setup is off and an adviser has already reset my factory settings and I have too. 

i get this. 

First windows shows blocked. I clock allow access, log into my bt, get redirected to the 2nd window and click allow access to this website and then get the final message.

 

E0A84E5C-453A-4766-A09A-9E8FC018FBD7.jpeg

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Hi @Mazzlebizzle and thanks for posting.

I'm sorry you're having problems with your parental controls. It looks like you've done as much as you can from your side so we'll need to take a closer look at this for you. I'll drop you a private message now so you can get on touch.

Cheers

David