cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 4 of 29

Can I get my Smart Hub to stop spewing radiation please?

I've read elsewhere that WiFI opt out can take up to 4 weeks?

What's that all about then?

What year is this?

I've attempted to call support but I just got a basic call centre lady ( who admittedly was very pleasant ) that didn't really understand the problem and told me she couldn't put me through to 'proper' tech support because they were all busy with emergencies.

I actually managed to get this done on someone else's by phone and it got sorted in less than 24 hours.

I really want to get this sorted asap because I'm now holed up with someone who is electro-sensitive and so I'm moving to an all-wired solution.

Many thanks......

0 Ratings
28 REPLIES 28
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 29

Re: BT Wifi-X opt out

4 weeks? That's absolutely unacceptable!

Any way I can get this expedited?

Will have to ditch this router and buy one I actually have control over otherwise.

I am trying to get my home as EMF free as possible and this thing is just spewing radiation for no reason.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 29

I suggest you buy a third party router if you wish to turn off wifi fully.

PS you agreed to the Wifi-X in the terms and conditions you accepted.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 29

my old post says it can take up to 4 weeks not that it will take 4 weeks  many are just a few days

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 29

Re: Can I get my Smart Hub to stop spewing radiation please?

@RobBrooks  Please don't post the same question in multiple places it causes total confusion and replies all over the place.

I have merged your posts into one new thread.

Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 6 of 29

Just saying, mind you ..... and that's after 20 years exposure! 

Electromagnetic hypersensitivity (ES for short) is a self-diagnosed "medical condition" caused by a supposed "sensitivity" to the harmless radiation emitted by all electronic devices. The symptoms are in reality not a result of the "disorder" but of the nocebo effect.

This is unrecognized-by modern, evidence-based medicine as a physical illness. It is recognized by psychiatry as a form of delusion, however.

Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 29

Delusion or not, the OP feels that its wireless signals are harmful, how they get away from all wireless signals that surround us without living in a Faraday Cage is beyond me, but they could get away from their own BT Hub's wireless signals by buying a third party VDSLModem/ router and turning off the wireless signal.

Highlighted
Beginner
Message 8 of 29

Thank you for supporting me gg30340 and not simply backhandedly suggesting that I'm mental because you have an unquestioning respect for what you're told is and isn't harmful to health by a trillion dollar industry.
It means a lot. 😉

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 9 of 29

@gg30340wrote:

Delusion or not, the OP feels that its wireless signals are harmful, how they get away from all wireless signals that surround us without living in a Faraday Cage is beyond me, but they could get away from their own BT Hub's wireless signals by buying a third party VDSLModem/ router and turning off the wireless signal.

Agreed ..... with hindsight. Perhaps the OP can source an EMF shielding bag in which to chuck the worrisome BT Hub if there is some urgency involved.

Highlighted
Beginner
Message 10 of 29

Many apologies for cross-posting. It won't happen again.
0 Ratings