Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 21 of 29

Re: BT Wifi-X opt out

Post back if you need any help setting it up, the wizard should do everything, just enter username of bthomehub@btbroadband.com and password of BT when prompted.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 22 of 29

@RobBrooks wrote:
Many thanks for the advice to you both.
I'll buy the hub suggested.

There is a switch on the back and you can also disable it on the web interface.

Capture1.JPG

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 23 of 29

This is really useful as I have a bunch of smart devices that I need to enable when I leave the house so this will make that process much easier.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 24 of 29

@RobBrooks wrote:
This is really useful as I have a bunch of smart devices that I need to enable when I leave the house so this will make that process much easier.

You can also enable it and disable it via a schedule, if that is any help?

Capture.JPG

Highlighted
Beginner
Message 25 of 29

That's very useful. Thanks Keith.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 26 of 29

Re: Can I get my Smart Hub to stop spewing radiation please?

@gg30340wrote:

Be aware that placing the hub in a bag could cause over heating issues.

Oooops! Sorry!

As suggested and if urgent, many of the Argos stores are open and, as luck would have it, are usually situated next to or very close to the larger supermarkets.

A click and collect would ensure you are able to obtain the correct TP/Link

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 27 of 29

Just to report an update.

My new router is currently pending collection from the amazon locker but I have noticed something about the old one that's rather puzzling.......

The Home->Status->BT Wi-fi status setting is now reporting "Not active" but the router is still emitting a high level of WiFi radiation.

And yes, I've disabled both the 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz WiFi functionality.

Interesting, no?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 28 of 29

If you request BT to remove your router from ‘FON’, all that will do is remove your router from that network , and your ability to use other FON access points, your BT router will continue to emit an encrypted WiFi signal that you know the password to, getting BT to turn off FON doesn’t turn off all ‘WiFi’ , just the part that would be accessible by other members of the FON network, or those that were prepared to pay a fee to access it, you already know the solution is to buy a router where you can disable the WiFi completely, not just part of it.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 29 of 29

I sense that you're not entirely happy with me reporting my observations here?
I have already said that I have successfully petitioned to have the WiFi switched off on the SmartHub of a family member which I was able to prove was successfully undertaken because when I monitor the device with an Acoustimeter AM-10, there is no signal.
I am not looking for a solution; as you say, I have that already but I was just letting those without the gear to verify for themselves who search the board for such information know, that simply disabling 'everything' in the context of what is verifyable via the hub's web interface is NOT guaranteed to disable all EMF emissions.
I have ( as I have already mentioned ) disabled my local area network access to the hub.
So there is NO reason why there should be any wireless activity on the hub.

RobBrooks_0-1586011240366.pngRobBrooks_1-1586011474396.png