Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Chris1992
Beginner
Message 1 of 11

Can not see bt wifi minutes

Go to solution
Hi. I'm trying to see how many minutes i am using but cannot seem to find it. I have total broadband option 1 and am aware that it is 10000 minutes on bt wifi or bt wifi with fon.<br><br>I have been pointed to <a target="_blank" href="https://www.bt.com/wifi/secure/status.do?s_cid=con_FURL_btfon/status">https://www.bt.com/wifi/secure... but when I log in it only tells me my broadband package and whether I am opted in which it says I am but nothing about minutes used? There is a 0 underneath but with no category, it's just floating on its own under &quot;opted in&quot;.<br><br>Thanks for your time
Tags (4)
0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
conrad
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 11

Re: Can not see bt wifi minutes

Go to solution

My monitor has been stuck at 0 for well over a year - don't worry about it - 10,000 minutes is a lot and if you do go over then you will need to log in every half hour. I guess that since it's free BT aren't interested anymore.

This is what it shows bt wifi.PNG

Chris1992
Beginner
Message 3 of 11

Go to solution
Well that's annoying! I would still like to be able to see it. I am out using it quite alot and my son also uses it when he does his uni work in town so I would like to keep an eye on it.
I would also like to know that if I log in to the hotspot then does this affect my home broadband and stop it working whilst I use the hotspot or is it totally separated? Also if I go over the 10000 minutes then would this have any repercussions on my home broadband such as slowing down the connection?
Thanks!
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 11

Go to solution

@Chris1992 wrote:
Well that's annoying! I would still like to be able to see it. I am out using it quite alot and my son also uses it when he does his uni work in town so I would like to keep an eye on it. It is 166 hours of use and after that as you have already been informed it does not stop you using it it just means you have to log on every half hour. If you could see your usage would you use it any less!
I would also like to know that if I log in to the hotspot then does this affect my home broadband and stop it working whilst I use the hotspot or is it totally separated? It is totally separate and does not affect your home network in any way nor does it count towards your home usage.
Also if I go over the 10000 minutes then would this have any repercussions on my home broadband such as slowing down the connection? No . Answer as above.
Thanks!

Chris1992
Beginner
Message 5 of 11

Go to solution
Thanks for answer all! Much obliged
0 Ratings
conrad
Recognised Expert
Message 6 of 11

Go to solution

Just an aside - if the monitor shows  0  all the time then presumably the system will be basing usage on this and as such you cannot reach the 10,000 minutesSmiley LOL

0 Ratings
conrad
Recognised Expert
Message 7 of 11

Go to solution

Have had a look through the site and can't find anything referring to 10,000 minutes anymore. It is referred to as unlimited and when you look at this page  http://www.productsandservices.bt.com/consumerProducts/displayTopic.do?topicId=30549 and then the legal link http://www.productsandservices.bt.com/consumerProducts/displayTopic.do?topicId=35807 there is no mention of any limit now.

Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 8 of 11

Go to solution

It's in the BT Wi-fi Terms & conditions.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
conrad
Recognised Expert
Message 9 of 11

Go to solution

Thought it might be somewhere but I would point out that the policy only applies to" BT Wi-fi customers with a BT Openzone or BT Wi-fi subscription account." I would interpret this as meaning the subscription service which has its own charging system per the terms and conditions for the BT WiFi service.

Anyway there is no way the system can implement the 10,000 minutes if a usage monitor only shows 0 minutes.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 10 of 11

Go to solution

Maybe, maybe not. There's no way I'm ever going to test it to find out!

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.