cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Can't access extras or account settings.

I can log into my account fine, view bill etc... but I can't access my account extras or my account settings e.g. parental controls etc... I spent 3 hours on the telephone yesterday to India and nobody could help. I was told to reset the hub, that hasn't worked. The final outcome was to 'leave it and it's probably just a glitch, it will reset in the next 24 hours'.

Any assistance would be great.

craigoliver488
0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Can't access extras or account settings.

Welcome to this user forum

It must be a glitch in the account system, because I get the same message about not being able to view the extras.

This is whay I see

Sorry something's gone wrong

There's been a problem getting your account details.
If you're the account holder, please call us on [0800 800 150].

Its not really a problem for me, as I do not use any of the extras anyway.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

That's exactly the message I get. The main issue is, in my naivety, whilst setting up my daughters new tablet I thought that the new strict parental controls I applied would just be for that device. Now myself and wife can't access social media etc... due to restrictions and I can't change the settings back as I can't access them.

This message:

Is the exact message I receive too, but nobody has a clue what to do on that number, I spoke to 5 different people yesterday!
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Can't access extras or account settings.

I can log into my account fine, view bill etc... but I can't access my account extras or my account settings e.g. parental controls etc... I spent 3 hours on the telephone yesterday to India and nobody could help. I was told to reset the hub, that hasn't worked. The final outcome was to 'leave it and it's probably just a glitch, it will reset in the next 24 hours'

The main issue is, in my naivety, whilst setting up my daughters new tablet I thought that the new strict parental controls I applied would just be for that device. Now myself and wife can't access social media etc... due to restrictions and I can't change the settings back as I can't access them.

This message appears when you click on the links:

However, nobody has a clue what to do on that number, I spoke to 5 different people yesterday!
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 6

You should be able to access any blocked pages by entering your BT ID and password.

Parental controls are applies to all devices connected to the home hub, and BT Wifi hotspots.

I have asked a moderator whether they are aware of any issues at the moment with account linkage, which does neem to happen on a regular basis.

There could be an issue with the database that holds some of the account info, as its affecting both of us, and probably others as well.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Hi @Craigoliver488 & @Keith_Beddoe,

I've checked with our other channels and there doesn't seem to be a larger scale problem. I've opened our contact channel to you should you want our help with it instead. You can reach us by clicking on my user name and then on contact the mods. It'll take us a couple of days before we can reply to you but we will.

Thanks

DanielS

Community ModeratorDannyS
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings