Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
keitht8351
Contributor
Message 1 of 10

Can't connect to BT Wifi Hotspots

Go to solution
I'm a BT Infinity customer but can't connect to Wifi hotspots. I have tried using both my BT ID and BT e-mail address without success. I know the password is correct because I have just installed My BT on my Android phone and that works fine. I have deleted and re-installed the BT Wi-fi app but still no success. Any suggestions to fix this would be appreciated.
0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
V_Meldrew
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 10

Re: Can't connect to BT Wifi Hotspots

Go to solution

Did you opt-out of BT wireless (BTWiFi-with-Fon)? If you did you wont be able to connect to hotspots

0 Ratings
keitht8351
Contributor
Message 3 of 10

Go to solution
No. I haven't opted out of anything, not knowingly anyway. Any way I can check?
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 10

Go to solution

@keitht8351

Look on MyBT try this guide Opt in or out of BT Wifi using MyBT

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 10

Go to solution
0 Ratings
keitht8351
Contributor
Message 6 of 10

Go to solution
Thanks for the help. Definitely not opted out of Wifi. BT Wifi has a green tick against it and if I scroll down, one of the options is Opt out of BT Wifi, so I am still 'active' on the system.
0 Ratings
V_Meldrew
Recognised Expert
Message 7 of 10

Go to solution

Try updating your login details within the BT wifi App, maybe it didn't take for some reason

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 10

Go to solution

You don't need to use the app. Just connect to the btwifi signal and open a browser, can you log in that way?

0 Ratings
keitht8351
Contributor
Message 9 of 10

Go to solution
When a BT Wifi signal is available I try to connect to it 'manually' i.e. without the app. I've tried by using both my BT ID and my primary e-mail address and both fail to connect. I'm not convinced that it's even attempting to connect as the 'fail to connect' message is virtually instantaneous when I hit 'login'. What I'll try though is deleting the BT Wifi app in case there is something going wrong there and interfering with the connection process. I can't do that before tomorrow but will let you all know the outcome. Thanks again for all the attempts to help solve the problem.
0 Ratings
keitht8351
Contributor
Message 10 of 10

Go to solution
I said I'd report back, but I'm honestly none the wiser as to what happened. I tried connecting to a hotspot today and it connected immediately. I haven't changed any settings and haven't uninstalled anything either. I don't know if there has been an update to anything which might have made it work now. I'm not going to dig too deep in order to find the answer incase it screws things up again. I'll just be thankful that it's now working again.
0 Ratings