Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Leenzii
Beginner
Message 1 of 8

Can't connect to fon or x

Go to solution
Ok, I'm stumped at the moment and would appreciate any help or suggestions. I'll try to explain all I've done so far to fix my fault..

Basically, I use my parents BT wifi details with their permission, while I'm living away from home for uni. I have an iMac that has been connecting to my local bt wifi with fon hot spot and I have an iPhone 4s that sometimes connects to the same hotspot but also to a BT wifi X hotspot when it has better signal.

My problem is that both devices have stopped working on both hotspots but my phone is fine on any others I've come across.

Currently, my imac connects and gets strong signal strength to the BT wifi with FON spot BUT I cannot get the landing page to load. It forever loads, stuck, no timeout.

My iPhone also no longer has the BT wifi app as I deleted it to attempt reinstalling but my 3G is too pants out here to download it again.

That said, I have tried each step below on my phone and attempted reconnecting after each to resolve my problem:
I cleared and reset safari
forgot both BT networks in my wifi settings
reset network settings
deleted the BT wifi X profile, reinstalled it
deleted it a second time
deleted the app to try and manually get to the landing page on the FON spot
reset the phone

Each time, the iphone has acquired the same IP address of 10.55.241.45, gets full signal but on trying to access the landing page (www.btopenzone:8443/home) it just sits there, no timing out, attempting to load.

Now I cannot connect to my BT wifi X spot at all and the FON spot connects, issues an IP and just sits there.

Called wifi support tonight and they can't help so now I'm stumped with another 6 months here and no internet. Unless one of u guys has any light to shed.

Someone said the customer who owns the hot spot may have hard reset their hub or swapped it for a non-standard one....so I'm guessing if that's the only other possibility, I really am stuck with only my poor 3G.
0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 8

Re: Can't connect to fon or x

Go to solution

@Leenzii wrote:

Someone said the customer who owns the hot spot may have hard reset their hub or swapped it for a non-standard one....so I'm guessing if that's the only other possibility, I really am stuck with only my poor 3G.

It sounds as though the hot spot owner has either disconnected their broadband connection or they have a line fault, the wifi is still working but there is obviously no internet connection. Such are the problems of depending on somebody else's connection!

Leenzii
Beginner
Message 3 of 8

Go to solution
Thanks for the reply......

So I'm gathering that having two hot spots (FON and X) would indicate two different customers.....and more likely a line fault than both cutting off at the same time.

So there is hope they may return....

Thanks!
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution

The same hotspot can broadcast both BTWifi-X and BTWifi- Fon. If the owner of the hotspot resets the Homehub it should start to connect again.

Leenzii
Beginner
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution
Thank u for clarifying the hot spots. I was unsure of the latter as I'm sure I read on another thread here somewhere that if the hub was reset to factory defaults, bt wifi is off and they have to re-subscribe....I will hold out and see if it's just a line fault and if not, well I just won't hold my breath....
0 Ratings
66pipes66
Beginner
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution
find out which neighbour owns the hub at the top of your available networks list,go round and ask them to press the reset button and all will be well with the world again.
I wonder why I bother ringing bt for help,they seem to know nothing although you would never know it by the amount of b.s. They spout.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution

... and is that the same sort of b.s as trying to find out who owns a hub in the list of networks then going around houses hoping that neighbours will reset their routers for you.

0 Ratings
66pipes66
Beginner
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution
No it's the bs you have to listen to before they say they can't help,don't know or pass you off round the departments.
Look,all I'm saying is it worked for me and could help others.That is what we are on the forum for isn't it?
I hav'nt had any more problems since.
Why be so dismissive ?
0 Ratings