cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Danb81
Beginner
Message 1 of 17

Can't connect to neither bt fon or openzone

Hi. I'm in a hotspots and have two bar signal on iPhone also 4 out of 5 on laptop. It says connected but no Internet service, and won't take me to the landing page. I haven't had any problems before in the same spot.
0 Ratings
16 REPLIES 16
Danb81
Beginner
Message 2 of 17

No connection to bt fon or openzone

Pls help as I'm getting very frustrated with my connection to the bt fon / openzone landing page. My phone and computer both have great signal when connected but it does not open the landing page. Why is this?? Also I occasionally come to landing page to enter details then it boots me straight off. I have been trying for past 3 hours with no luck. If there is anybody that can help pls help. Thankyou
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 17

Re: No connection to bt fon or openzone

Try the BT Fon helpdesk 0800 022 3322.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
jimbo232
Beginner
Message 4 of 17

cant access bt fon

been trying for days now to connect to bt fon but it never loads up the sign in page even tho i have 5 bars on the signal on my laptop

its the only way i can access the internet most times as i seem to be in a cable dead spot

my home connection goes between 100kb and 400kb

yes i know that bt fon is supposed to be used when out and about

but im sick of either never having a connection or taking 3 days to dl a small poxy file

and please dont come here judging me for using bt fon to dl with when you have a high connection speed try living with a connection of 400kb with dl speed of 4kb a sec the come back and moan at me

to all those willing to help any suggestions?

actualy hit an all new low today dl was maxed out at 2,2kbs

0 Ratings
pintosal
Contributor
Message 5 of 17

FON and Opnezone just do not work if the wireless is coming from a HomeHub3.

If you are in range of a professionally installed or dedicated hotspot, eg Starbucks, then it might work.

BT has conned and continues to con punters with misleading adverts for 3 million hotspots.

0 Ratings
jimbo232
Beginner
Message 6 of 17

it was working fine 3 days ago, im in the same place as i was then, and its not like i cant log in or when i try to log in nothing happens, the log in page just doesnt even load up, my browser just says it cant load the page even when i type in the log in adress manualy even tho it says i have full signal on btfon

0 Ratings
petecousen
Beginner
Message 7 of 17

Nothing constructive, I'm afraid, just reitteration that this service is pants. I'm in central london in view of the BT tower, it mocks me, I've had one successful connection in seven weeks. I think FON and Openzone is being wilfully misrepresented by BT as a usable facility. It's great when it works, but it usually doesn't for a lot of people.

Gird your loins and buy a PAYG dongle, it's expensive, but it works.

Grrr

0 Ratings
Malacath
Expert
Message 8 of 17

Re: Can't connect to neither bt fon or openzone

BT Fon is a joke.

Hardly any hotspots work.

That's because for some strange reason hotspot in my area only seem to work for about 24 hours after restarting the home hub.

Once the 24 hours are over you can no longer get a landing page.

This means it's virtually impossible to use the service.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
mentonman
Contributor
Message 9 of 17

Is it not time that someone from BT FON/Openworld came on to this forum and responded to this problem which is the subject of innumerable threads which are then left openended and unresolved.

Many times I have accessed BTFON often via my own HomeHub 2 but not received the openworld landing page.Yet only minutes later I try again and are sucessful.Why is this?Surely it's not rocket science for someone in the know to explain the reasons for this.Come on BT get into gear and help us all out.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 17

if you have a problem with FON then try the help line The BT Openzone helpdesk, 0800 022 3322, the helpdesk is open 24/7 365 days/year and only deals with enquiries relating to BTOpenzone and BTFon hotspot access.
0 Ratings