Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 11 of 17

Re: No connection to bt fon or openzone

@Danb81

Did you contact the helpdesk as I suggested in message 3? If so it might be helpful to others here if you could let us know how you got on. 

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
mentonman
Contributor
Message 12 of 17

Re: Can't connect to neither bt fon or openzone

John I accept that the place to go with a BTFON problem is the helpdesk but it is obviously not answering this continual question being posed by forum members...Why is there no landing page being offered when accessing btfon with a good signal?.Surely as it is a common question there is an equally sensible answer or are btfon/openworld aware of its inadequacies and so leave us all in a void.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 13 of 17

That's why I asked the OP if he got anywhere with it.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 14 of 17

If the OP contacts them then hopefully he may post back with an answer
0 Ratings
Danb81
Beginner
Message 15 of 17

I pottyperson thankyou for the reply. I have not contacted the help desk as of yet as a new openzone hotspot has shown up which I can connect to with ease. I will contact them shortly as still having probs connecting to btfon/ openzone home. I will post back with updates. Thanks again 🙂
0 Ratings
Yell-Solo
Beginner
Message 16 of 17

Staying at an aged relatives house for a few weeks and was happily (kinda) using BT FON/Openzone.  Half way through a session it went dead and I cannot even get onto the log in page.  Diagnostics say the DNS server is online but not responding - the network manager says Local Only. 

I have corresponded with FON via email - what a joke that was - and I rang  0800 022 3322.  This number is NOT a dedicated Openzone helpline.  If you want to talk to someone about the FON/Openzone/BTwifi service you have to choose the option about a BTwifi voucher or subscription.  The guy that eventually answered told me that it was FON's responsibility and not BT's.  He suggested I contacted FON (oh joy!) or moved into a town centre where there would be plenty of "managed" hotspots.  I am staying in NW London, 50 yards from the "town centre". The BT hotspot map shows I am actually sitting in the middle of at least 5 hub hotspots and I still can't get onto the log in page. The one Managed hotspot it shows is positioned some way away from the town centre but the Brazilian butchers and the pub (frequented almost solely by middle-aged Irishmen) must be getting a hell of a service.

All I wanted from this "helpdesk" was a simple answer to the question: "Is the FON/Openzone service working?".  All I got was:  "We cannot comment on that as it is FON's responsibility."

Don't waste your time ringing that number.  Don't waste your time emailing FON.  Don't pay for a service that may only work for part of the day, or not at all.  Don't let your daughter on the stage Mrs Worthington.

p.s.  The spell checker suggested replacing "BTwifi" with "Filth".  I kid you not!

If this answer has been of help to you - you need a good psychiatrist.... I can recommend one.

0 Ratings
alibear57
Message 17 of 17

Loved your post Yell-Solo. To add to your observances of the 'glorious' BT, my own experience is that BT is THE worst company I have ever had the displeasure of dealing with. I have had issues with my broadband at work, the phone line, their billing system, their stupid and irritating automated answering service AND the ignorant people who you EVENTUALLY get through to speak to. 

To sum up, I don't think anyone on here will ever get an answer from BT or Fon - they are totally useless and not in the slightest bit interested in helping their customers - they are a joke, and it's time they were brought to task over the way they treat their custmers - I honestly don't know how they are still trading., if it wasn't for the fact that I am in a legally binding contract with them I would leave and go with ANYBODY else.

0 Ratings