cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vlademel
Message 1 of 8

Can't connect to openzone hotstop

Hi,

Everytime I try to connect to the bt openzone hotspot on my phone nothing seems to happen. After I select the hotstop it tries to connect and then just disconnects.
This is strange given that it was working perfectly fine a few days ago, can anyone shed some light on this? Thanks.
Tags (2)
0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 8

Re: Can't connect to openzone hotstop

If you have managed to connect to the same hotspot previously it may be that the hotspot's Homehub is needing reset. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
vlademel
Message 3 of 8

Is there any way I could do this, given that it's a public hotspot?
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 8

No.  Can you connect to other hotspots ok?

0 Ratings
vlademel
Message 5 of 8

Sure, but none within the range which I require
0 Ratings
vlademel
Message 6 of 8

So essentially, there's nothing I can do about this?
0 Ratings
V_Meldrew
Recognised Expert
Message 7 of 8

@vlademelwrote:
Hi,

Everytime I try to connect to the bt openzone hotspot on my phone nothing seems to happen. After I select the hotstop it tries to connect and then just disconnects.
This is strange given that it was working perfectly fine a few days ago, can anyone shed some light on this? Thanks.

Out of your control. Hotspots are simply a seperate channel on BT routers, if someone replaces their BT router with a non-BT one then that hotspot no longer exists

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 8

What you need to try, is to delete all of the saved Openzone connections from your phone or laptop. You may find multiple ones, which is what seems to give problems on some phones and laptops.

Once you have done that, scan for the local Openzone hotspot you need, and connect to that network.

You should then be able to use the phone app, or manually connect on a laptop (via login page)

0 Ratings