cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 61 of 406

Re: Norton on Android

Go to solution

Right what a bleeping shambles this is , I sometimes wonder why I stay with BT.

Google Play said there was an update to BT Virus so installed that on my phone, also logged in to MyBT app as suggested in this thread and then ran it and still get the server error update.

Tried a couple of times and even signed in to MyBT via a PC as well.

Who tests this pile of rubbish as surely they would of found errors like this if it was tested properly.

Installed AVG on the phone, worked first time.

To add insult my parents are moving house and BT have had three attempts at at sorting it out..guess what BT fails again, again and again.

Lost count of the issues I have had to sort out on my account and my parents over the past few years as everytime there is a change it is a shambles and that isn't great customer service.

Message 62 of 406

Norton Upgrade

Go to solution

Can't update to Norton security  keeps asking for McAffe activication, then says server error?

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
Message 63 of 406

Re: Norton Upgrade

Go to solution

@Mikeace59 wrote:

Can't update to Norton security  keeps asking for McAffe activication, then says server error?

I have moved you onto the main thread about Norton to save having to repeat what has already been posted.

0 Ratings
Message 64 of 406

Re: Can't update from McAfee to Norton

Go to solution
Same here and same message. Just to remind BT - we didn't ask for the change, so don't tell us to contact Norton - It's your problem!
0 Ratings
Message 65 of 406

Re: Can't update from McAfee to Norton

Go to solution

Just noticed that McAfee ends on 31 Mar 22, so my advice would be to not switch until BT have sorted it. Unfortunately for my Android phone it's too late as it updates automatically, so I now have no protection on it. Looks like I'll have to install AVG. Typical BT shambles.

0 Ratings
Message 66 of 406

Re: Important updates to your virus and password protection

Go to solution

Where does that leave iOS and iPADOS devices as regards virus protection?

0 Ratings
Message 67 of 406

Go to solution

My understanding is that iOS devices don't accept 3rd party security products, but I may have that wrong!

0 Ratings
Message 68 of 406

Go to solution
There is a Norton 360 app so why not integrate into that or provide a subscription?
0 Ratings
Message 69 of 406

Go to solution
DavidM,
I’ve now got to the bottom of it and have downloaded, all is working fine. I’ve not bought a new laptop in a long time and turns out that Microsoft set Windows 11 to start in S mode, which means you can only download things from the Microsoft store. I only found out when I tried to download a different free virus protection. Once S mode was switched off it worked absolutely fine and was a painless procedure! So anyone on here with a new windows 11 laptop you need to switch out of s mode. Bit cheeky of Microsoft really initially limiting people to the Microsoft store, anyway, problem solved. Thanks for your prompt responses. Thanks Ian
Message 70 of 406

Go to solution

I have not tried on iOS devices yet but appears to install and work correctly on MacBooks. Certainly once installed it is a IMHO a BIG improvement on MacAfee as I had lots of issues with MacAfee, mainly it gobbled CPU cycles making the computer virtually unusable and MacAfee would crash from time to time.

0 Ratings