cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 81 of 406

Re: Important updates to your virus and password protection

Go to solution

When you're prompted via Play Store that BT Virus Protect has an update, do not update, go to your MyBt website, login, go to the Manage Security section then you should be able to manage BT Virus Protect from there. 

I did it this way after it crashed on Play Store.  Now on 3 Android devices, 1 of thems a tablet.

Credit to one of the previous posters as this was already suggested as working. 

Message 82 of 406

Go to solution

Thankyou !  Worked perfectly.

0 Ratings
Message 83 of 406

Re: Can't update from McAfee to Norton

Go to solution
Yep - same for me too! Really disappointing.
0 Ratings
Message 84 of 406

Go to solution
How does the McAfee version continue to work, when it has been wiped and replaced with the Norton version of "BT Virus Protect"? The app is "BT Virus Protect", which has been upgraded (?!?) to one powered by Norton which can't be activated. How is the McAfee version still running?

Neil.
0 Ratings
Message 85 of 406

Go to solution

@ecosse01 - thanks for this and your solution worked for me. I have eventually sorted this on my devices, and you need to do it through MyBT.

It would've been nice if BT had advised us of that first - that's a few hours of my life that I won't get back!

Another example of untested software deployment from BT - they need to resolve these issues. 

Perhaps if one of the moderators is watching they could nudge the appropriate BT people into listening to their customers and doing something about this? BT need to remember that we didn't ask for this change, even though the new product seems to be perfectly ok, once the mess of installing it is resolved. One thing for sure is that BT will not have switched for the benefit of us as users - it will have almost certainly been because Norton are offering the service at a cheaper rate, which doesn't instil confidence - I'd be really happy if someone from BT challenges this with evidence to the contrary.

Message 86 of 406

Go to solution

Glad to see you are sorted now.  I   also   now have Norton  BT Virus Protect working on laptop  and mobile  but following email  for adding a device  which led you to Google Play   this did not work however many times I tried since 13 December.  This morning I went another route which perhaps others could try. On my Samsung mobile I went to Settings, then Apps, scrolled down to  BT Virus Protect which I clicked on, this redirected me to a Welcome page (for the new Norton BT Protect) where I had to enter my email address and my BT Password.  This took me to a page where I clicked Get Started and then to Set up SMS Security, which I followed to do this.  Now I have the new Norton BT Virus Protect so thank goodness at last.

Uninstalling the McAfee BT Virus Protect was another hassle ,  I have Windows 11 but think it should be same if you have Windows 10. I called up Control Panel, then Add or Remove Programmes. scrolled  down to BT Virus Protect. which left clicked  on then Uninstall  and then again Uninstall.  But after then following through to almost end at the last box where you get the line going across showing being done I had a small box pop up to say error but I just X out of this  little box and uninstall when ahead anyway taking it off my laptop and  mobile at same time.

What  a performance - surely BT can make things easier than this, as not all of us are whiz kids.

0 Ratings
Message 87 of 406

Go to solution

I installed the Norton software and tried to test it using the Eicar Antivirus test files from https://www.eicar.org/?page_id=3950 and it didn’t detect them on download or if I tried a scan on the Downloads folder.  Installed on iMac running OS Big Sur.

I don’t know how accurate a test this is but Avast antivirus detected and quarantined all the Eicar test files. Maybe I missed a setting when the Norton software was installed. I did follow the allow various disk access permissions during the install process.

I am the Norton software is ok just surprised it didn’t detect the test files. For now I have reverted to Avast.

Ade.

0 Ratings
Message 88 of 406

Go to solution

I managed to get it installed on my PC and Android devices last night. All fine, with up to 15 licences. Same as the McAfee version.

All good.

Neil

0 Ratings
SeanD
Community Manager - Retired
Message 89 of 406

Go to solution

Hi Everyone,

We are aware some customers are having issues getting the app and are receiving a Server Error message. We are working quickly to fix this error.  We are sorry for any inconvenience caused.

In the meantime, you can manually fix this by:

Step 1 - Please visit Update your security and log in using BT ID and password.

You'll then be taken to the Your Security page. From there:

1. Find the BT Virus Protect tile and select Switch to Norton
  2. If you are using BT Virus Protect for the first time, select Activate

Now open the BT Virus Protect app you downloaded and log in using your My BT username and password.

Step 2 - Why am I still getting Server Errors?

Every BT ID has an account role attached to it. You’ll either be an Account Holder or an Account Manager and your role will determine the services and information you can access. You need to be the Account Holder to access the service. Find out more about the different BT ID account roles here > What's the difference between an Account holder and an Account manager in My BT? | BT Help

Cheers

Sean

Message 90 of 406

Go to solution

When I get to the BT Virus protect, I have a 'manage' or 'more info' option, which both eventually take me to a login page which then ends up with 'The resource you are looking for has been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.' I have a feeling I have already seen the 'switch to Norton' and when  did this a few days back I went through the same issue as above. Now seems stuck in this loop. This is on my laptop, I also have the same issue on my mobile, so hopefully someone will email out a fix soon.