cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 101 of 406

Re: Can't update from McAfee to Norton

Go to solution

Yeah - I had that for a while but then it disappeared.  The Norton server seems very flaky at times (probably due to the load from BT customers). 

0 Ratings
Message 102 of 406

Go to solution

This is my current state of play, I have no anti virus on the phone, asks for login and then get server error, I have MacAfee on my laptop. I only see 'manage' opton on the security page having tried to 'switch to Norton', and see the server error if I try to login. I have tried logging in direct with https://my.norton.com/home/partner as advised by someone on BT when I first rang to report the problem, on laptop and phone but get the server error. So until I see either a 'how to' fix on here or an email from BT saying problem is fixed, I'll hang tight.

0 Ratings
Message 103 of 406

Go to solution
0 Ratings
Message 104 of 406

Go to solution

No I hadn't, thanks, although it just seems to link back to this community post as well.

0 Ratings
Message 105 of 406

Go to solution

So I now no longer get the Server error issue when I try to login in via the Android App but now get a message to say I have "No Licences" and asking me to subscribe.

I loathed to press the subscribe button as surely it should pick up the fact I should have 15 licences.

One step forward and another back.

When will they learn to do some quality control and launch something that actual works.

0 Ratings
Message 106 of 406

Go to solution

Hi @chamber_boy I'm really sorry to see you're having problems getting the BT Virus protect app working on your phone, can you try this method to activate and install the BT Virus protect app?

Step 1 - Please visit www.bt.com/updateyoursecurity and log in using BT ID and password.

You'll then be taken to the Your Security page. From there:

1. Find the BT Virus Protect tile and select Switch to Norton
  2. If you are using BT Virus Protect for the first time, select Activate

Now open the BT Virus Protect app you downloaded and log in using your My BT username and password.

Step 2 - Why am I still getting Server Errors?

Every BT ID has an account role attached to it. You’ll either be an Account Holder or an Account Manager and your role will determine the services and information you can access. You need to be the Account Holder to access the service. Find out more about the different BT ID account roles here > What's the difference between an Account holder and an Account manager in My BT? | BT Help

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 107 of 406

Go to solution

I am past the stage of 'switch to Norton' got the 'The resource you are looking for has been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.' error, I can only see the 'manage' option, and get the above message, on both laptop and mobile, BT needs to redirect to the correct url. I have been doing this as the account holder.

0 Ratings
Message 108 of 406

Go to solution

Hi NeilO

Thanks for posting the advice.

I did activate last week, when all this started, but just gone in to it again after seeing your message via the switch to Norton following the steps again.

I then again tried to activate the BTVirus protect App on my Android phone and this time I just got a blank screen with a whirling centre on it so after 10 minutes of that I restarted the phone and again tried it and got a validation error.

So this time switched off the phone and then tried again and this time it all came up OK.

I have 2 step authentication set to on so perhaps that is causing an issue?

Also I tried an install on my Windows 10 PC this morning and it correctly identified McAfee as being installed and asked to remove that, which it did successfully, and then asked to uninstall McAfee Webadvisor and that just kept on a whirling cog so manually rebooted and this time it brought up the uninstaller and did the uninstall.

Next it completed the install and then says contacting Norton Server and failed 4 times to connect.

So another manual reboot and then  this time Norton came up and I logged in to my account and it did this successfully and says I have used 2 of 15 licenses.

All in all not a good customer experience but at least it it got the licenses correct 🙂

0 Ratings
Message 109 of 406

Go to solution

@goldrickm I'm sorry about that, did you check the account holder status of the BT ID you're logging in with? 

1. Log in to My BT >
  2. Click on Settings and Your account
  3. Scroll down and you’ll see if you’re an Account holder or Account manager

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 110 of 406

Go to solution

Yes, I am the account holder

0 Ratings