cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 111 of 406

Re: Can't update from McAfee to Norton

Go to solution

Hi @goldrickm Thanks for confirming that. One other question, is your BT ID in the format of an email address? We're aware that this can cause issues if it's not. 

You can change your BT ID username and security details at any time by logging in to My BT and selecting Profile from the Settings link.

Can you give this method a go and let me know if it works?

Please note: you must have the My BT app installed on your mobile.

1. Log in to the My BT app
  2. Select Your Products in the bottom menu bar
  3. Select Broadband
  4. Scroll down to Manage security settings
  5. Scroll down to BT Virus Protect
  6. Select Activate on BT Virus Protect. The status will change to Manage
  7. Select Manage to start installing BT Virus Protect on your device

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 112 of 406

Go to solution
It worked perfectly for me, on the two devices I've installed it on.

It's a much better product than the previous McAfee, that behaved worse than a virus!

Thanks BT.
Cheers
Ted
0 Ratings
Message 113 of 406

Go to solution

My BTID is not in the form of an email address, how easy is it to change it to my email address?

0 Ratings
Message 114 of 406

Go to solution

HI. Ok, I'm now at the stage where the BT Virus Protect box Manage button takes me to the Norton website. Norton then offer me the chance to Download a TRIAL version. When I try to do that, it ask's me to put in the 13 digit security number that BT gave me. Which they haven't.

I'm guessing that either BT haven't told Norton that I'm entitled to the free version or I have to wait until BT give me a 13 digit number....

0 Ratings
Message 115 of 406

Go to solution
I have changed my BTID from a name to an email address and bingo, it works, now updating laptop and phone to Norton, thanks.
0 Ratings
Message 116 of 406

Go to solution

OK now updated a second PC and this went smoothly.

This time during the Norton install I uninstalled McAfee Webadvisor first and then main McAfee software and it contacted the server OK and validated first time.

So perhaps as someone pointed out earlier in this thread the server is a little flakey or is getting over loaded?

0 Ratings
Message 117 of 406

Go to solution

@goldrickm & @chamber_boy That's great I'm glad you both got there in the end and I'm really sorry about the problems experienced.

@MikeRowley That sounds like the McAfee installation process, not the Norton one. Can you try the following steps and let me know if they work?

Please visit www.bt.com/updateyoursecurity and log in using BT ID and password.

You'll then be taken to the Your Security page. From there:

1. Find the BT Virus Protect tile and select Switch to Norton
  2. If you are using BT Virus Protect for the first time, select Activate

Thanks

Neil

Message 118 of 406

Go to solution

I am trying to set up PC but that's 3 hours wasted, stlll says no web protection.
Tried managing from working android & from MYBT / Broadband/ MANAGE BT PROTECT SIGN ON  wants me to sign in again and sends notification number to phone and SERVER NOT availablr.
AS YOU MIGHT HAVE GUESSED I'M FED UP WITH THIS TOTAL BALLS UP OF A RELEASE. PLEASE FORWARD THIS TO BT IT!

Ps edit took out swear words Going to switch off now

0 Ratings
Message 119 of 406

Go to solution

Never knew it had changed untill today. Anyway I downloaded the Norton program and installed it. Once it was installed I was then asked to un install the old anti-virus program. Works perfect wih no problems.

0 Ratings
Message 120 of 406

Re: Important updates to your virus and password protection

Go to solution

Seems to update ok on the laptop, although takes a long time to uninstall and then re-install.  However on the mobile phone, all it has done is deactivated McAfee and then hangs with the blue circle of death when you try to open Norton, assume this means I have no protection,  progress eh or a hackers paradise?

0 Ratings