cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 131 of 406

Re: Can't update from McAfee to Norton

Go to solution

It only works for the current version of iOS and the previous two versions only. What version do you have?

Chris.
0 Ratings
Message 132 of 406

Go to solution

Hi, thank you for your quick response, I am up to date on IOS 15.2, ipad is only 18 months old.  

0 Ratings
Message 133 of 406

Go to solution

@artbyname I've the same problem. I've been using Norton 360 and the subscription is due for renewal so I thought I would tryout BT Virus Protect. Installed on Windows 10 and Android phones no problem but I can't get it to install on iPad running iOS 15.2 which is the latest version.

0 Ratings
Message 134 of 406

Go to solution

@NeilO 

Good News

Someone from BT rang me today and reminded me that I've got 2 linked accounts with BT - with different login credentials. Suggested I try logging in with the old credentials that I'd almost forgotten about. Unfortunately, I still got the same error so he said he'd go back to the technical guys again

½ hour later, it occurred to me to check which account was the default on the credentials I'd just used. Did nothing different (that I could tell) to the last login but suddenly it allowed me to download and install Norton.

Problem fixed. Can't remember the name of the BT guy who rang me but If he sees this - well done sir!

0 Ratings
Message 135 of 406

Go to solution

Hi @MikeRowley, thanks for the update and that is good news.

It was @RobbieMac who called earlier so I'll let him know that you've got this sorted now 🙂

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 136 of 406

Go to solution

Hi, still cant get Norton to work on ipad with IOS 15.2.  Keep going round in circles, bt information does not say that its comparable yet Norton keeps offering me a download, can anyone tell me if they have BT virus protection Norton working on Apple Ipad/IPhone IOS 15.2 please.  

0 Ratings
Message 137 of 406

Go to solution

@MikeRowley wrote:

@NeilO 

Good News

Someone from BT rang me today and reminded me that I've got 2 linked accounts with BT - with different login credentials. Suggested I try logging in with the old credentials that I'd almost forgotten about. Unfortunately, I still got the same error so he said he'd go back to the technical guys again

½ hour later, it occurred to me to check which account was the default on the credentials I'd just used. Did nothing different (that I could tell) to the last login but suddenly it allowed me to download and install Norton.

Problem fixed. Can't remember the name of the BT guy who rang me but If he sees this - well done sir!

Hi @MikeRowley 

Thank you for posting back to let me know that.

I am really pleased to see that you've got this sorted now.  Are you happy for me to update and close the case down from here now that you've got the software downloaded?

Thanks,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Message 138 of 406

Go to solution

@RobbieMac 

Some people are still having difficulties, so it would seem inappropriate to close this.

What we really need is for BT and Norton to sort the problem, don't we? 

I added a device following all the advice given and it did not work first time and took at least 2 more attempts to get there.  All fine now, but that isn't the point. 

Why do BT deploy mayor "upgrades" without testing?

0 Ratings
Message 139 of 406

Go to solution

Hi I wondered if you can help me, I still cant get Norton to work on ipad with IOS 15.2.  Keep going round in circles, bt information does not say that its compatible  yet Norton keeps offering me a download, can anyone tell me if they have BT virus protection Norton working on Apple Ipad/IPhone IOS 15.2 please as I have now been trying for 2 weeks without any success.  Please help.  

0 Ratings
Message 140 of 406

Re: Important updates to your virus and password protection

Go to solution

Got Norton working eventually, but now cannot use the password manager, keeps asking me for a password and the only one I have is my BT password and it won't accept it!

0 Ratings