cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 141 of 406

Re: Can't update from McAfee to Norton

Go to solution

Hi @artbyname I'm sorry BT Virus Protect is Not available on IOS however, you can use the Norton Password Manager on iPhone/iPad if you wish.

@eeyore22 You might need to follow the Password manager reset process on this link. 

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 142 of 406

Go to solution

Thank you for getting back to me Neil.  It is much appreciated.  It is a shame that Norton are stating that you can use BT protect Norton with IOS, so may be they should change their wording?  At the moment its misleading hence the reason I have been going round in circles for several weeks.  When BT Protect was with McAfee it was available on IOS.  A bit of a pain that I now will have to have two separate makes of antivirus to protect my computers and iPads.  Thanks for clearing it up for me.  

Message 143 of 406

Go to solution

hi

I have received a letter today to update the BT security to Norton, each time accessing my account and following instructions I'm told that I am not the registered account holder.  on contacting BT i have being told i am the account holder. cannot update to Norton security.

0 Ratings
Message 144 of 406

Go to solution

Had a letter from BT stating the same thing, ironic since I spend the last 2 months trying to sort that issue out, thankfully resolved now.

0 Ratings
Message 145 of 406

Go to solution

Hi @stewpot, sorry you're having a problem changing over to Norton.

Please log in to your MyBT and

1. Click on Settings and Your account
  2. Scroll down and you'll see if you're an Account holder or Account manager

And let us know what it shows.

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 146 of 406

Go to solution

Tried to install on my iPad get message saying not compatible systems spoke to bt told me to get in touch with manufacturers why should I have to do that they are the ones changing things obviously without making sure all their customers will have no problems not a happy customer ( iPad up to date with iOS ) 

0 Ratings
Message 147 of 406

Go to solution

Hi, I was told last week that BT protect (Norton) is not available for IOS by the Neil the Moderator on here.

Message 148 of 406

Go to solution

Hi thanks for letting me know it was just that it said you had to have ios 11 or above and then when spoke to bt help they said you have to speak to manufacturers and they will sort it straight away obviously he was wrong and it doesn't work on ipad thanks for the reply 

0 Ratings
Message 149 of 406

Go to solution

I got letter the day to update from McAfee to Norton. I not tried to update my laptop  yet but will later.

Why is BT changing from McAfee to Norton.

Norton may have improved over the years but when I had Norton years ago. I as not a big fan of it.

Darren

0 Ratings
Message 150 of 406

Go to solution

Hi, Like many others I received the letter advising me to update my security by switching to Norton. Following the instructions given I tried and only got as far as a screen saying SERVER ERROR. After multiple attempts I eventually rang Technical Support. They apparently hadn't heard of this problem and told me to keep trying. With no success I called again today only to be told it has to be fault with my laptop and I should get it looked at. 

Yesterday I loaded the Norton on to my other laptop with no problems. I run Windows 11 on the machine which continually errors and Windows 10 on the other one. Please can you give me some assistance as I have already removed Mcafee. Thanks.

0 Ratings