cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 171 of 406

Re: Can't update from McAfee to Norton

Go to solution

Hi @timmymac and thanks for posting.

Sorry you're having problems with this as well. Can you just confirm the exact error message you're seeing? Can you post a screen shot?

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Message 172 of 406

Go to solution

I'm struggling to update my NORTON as well. Asked me to uninstall but now won't reinstall it, not even from NORTON itself! Don't know what your update as put on my PC as my BT account thinks it's done it!!

0 Ratings
Message 173 of 406

Go to solution

Hi David, When I press the manage button the message reads SERVER ERROR. I have attached a screenshot of the complete message, it makes interesting reading! Also, I eventually managed to get NORTON on to my Lenovo Windows 10 laptop. However when I went to login to set up my profile I got the exact same message, Thanks for trying to help me. 

JohnD14_0-1642868869284.png

0 Ratings
Message 174 of 406

Go to solution

I tried this but I never received an e-mail and my BT ID still appears to be a name rather than email address.

0 Ratings
Message 175 of 406

Go to solution

@LOZT I'm sorry about that are you getting an error message?

@JohnD14 If you keep getting a server error when signing into the BT Virus Protect app you’ll need to go to My BT > Your Security and click Switch to Norton first.

• Go to My BT > Your Security
  • Find the BT Virus Protect tile and click Switch to Norton (or if you are using BT Virus Protect for the first time, select Activate)
  • Now open the BT Virus Protect app you downloaded and log in using your My BT username and password.

If you still keep getting server errors, you may not be signing in as the Account Holder.  Make sure you sign in using the primary BT ID.

@jbuzza You will need to update your BT ID username to be in the format of an email address or this won't work. If you log in on a web browser at www.bt.com/mybt then at the top of the page click 'Your details' then click 'Profile' you can edit your username on that webpage. 

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 176 of 406

Go to solution

@NeilO When it asks for my e-mail to change BT ID, I enter it and get the error 'This Recovery email should not match with BT username.' 

0 Ratings
Message 177 of 406

Go to solution

Account Holder. 

But this should not prevent us from installing Notton. It seems that this BT Norton Virus Protection is not for iMac. 

0 Ratings
Message 178 of 406

Go to solution

It does seem so. 

One computer in my house a Windows installed virus protect immediately and the other says McAfee is preventing it. 

61987201-27BA-4638-8A2A-9EDF3FC8B1CB.jpeg

0 Ratings
Message 179 of 406

Go to solution

@jbuzza That means the email address is already a BT ID, can you pick a different email address?

@drabdulbasit I'm sorry to see you're getting that error. Can you follow the guide in this link to Uninstall McAfee 

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 180 of 406

Go to solution

@NeilO No, I don't have one. Frankly, I am not sure why I am needing to change my BT ID at all, it has worked fine until now.

0 Ratings