cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 181 of 406

Re: Can't update from McAfee to Norton

Go to solution

@jbuzza there was a campaign quite a few years ago that prompted customers to change their BT ID's to an email address with pop-ups in MyBT every time they logged in.  If this has not been done, unfortunately, it can cause problems such as the one you're now experiencing.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 182 of 406

Go to solution

@NeilO It seems I do have a BT ID that uses my email address (it also seems to be used to access my email) but this does not have my BT account associated with it. 

0 Ratings
Message 183 of 406

Go to solution

It worked after trying for two days to remove all McAfee files. 

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
Message 184 of 406

Go to solution

@NeilO  Added myself as account manager on the BT ID that uses my email address but don't think this has helped

0 Ratings
Message 185 of 406

Go to solution

@jbuzza I'm afraid that won't help, we could move the email address back to your main ID and delete that profile to allow you to use the email for your main BT ID. If you'd like me to help with that I've sent a private message so you can get in touch.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 186 of 406

Go to solution

Attempting to start Norton download process (clicking the relevant 'Manage' button  on the 'Your security' page as instructed) takes me to a page stating :

"The resource you are looking for has been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable." 

Same result yesterday. Any ideas what is going on? Thank you.

0 Ratings
Message 187 of 406

Go to solution

It took me nearly 3 days trying various methods. On BT community one post taught me that I should locate all McAfee associated files and delete them.  Empty Tge Trash basket, Restart my computer and I am glad that it now installed Norton Security. Password protector installed quickly. 

The McAfee files were in Finder, installer. and Library. I had to right click on each and remove to Trash. 

BT could have written all this in their letter. 

0 Ratings
Message 188 of 406

Go to solution

Please check that you are using the correct BT account. I have three only ONE is operational. 

0 Ratings
Message 189 of 406

Go to solution

After deleting a few more McAfee files I was able to install Norton on my iMac. 

0 Ratings
Message 190 of 406

Go to solution

Thank you I got the installation by deleting few remaking files fro Library, Finder and Downloads. 
Had to remove each McAfee related file to Trash and then restarted my computer. 

0 Ratings