cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 191 of 406

Re: Can't update from McAfee to Norton

Go to solution

I get the following message when click on the manage virus protect 

The resource you are looking for has been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.

been like it all day 

0 Ratings
Message 192 of 406

Go to solution

The only way I could install Norton Security on my iMac was to delete these McAfee files that remained in my computer even after uninstalling McAfee. Took me two days. Helped by BT Community and a free programme App Cleaner and Unistaller. https://twitter.com/messages/media/1485157930097950725

B143E6CD-FADF-46FF-8379-E85DA9A5D249.jpeg

0 Ratings
Message 193 of 406

Go to solution

This has happened to me too. 
but Now I installed Norton after I read a post in BT Community that you need to delete all remaining McAfee files. I have done that by locating these files in Finder on my iMac. Then the installed programme Norton Security allows you to log in by your BT ID and Password. 

ECF531D7-5479-47EE-AD45-E4AB9A02C9FE.jpeg

0 Ratings
Message 194 of 406

Go to solution

@internetq and @neil4768  welcome to the community and thanks for posting. I'm sorry about the problems you're both experiencing updating BT Virus protect to Norton.

The resource you are looking for has been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.

This error message indicates that your BT ID is a string of text and not in the format of an email address. Updating it in MyBT to an email address will fix this.

If you log in to MyBT on a web browser then at the top of the page click 'Your details' then click 'Profile' you can edit your username on that webpage. 

Thanks 

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 195 of 406

Go to solution

BT should have linked us to the McAfee Consumer Product Removal Tool as shown here

Very quick and easy to use, and ensures other products can be installed without difficulty or conflicts.

0 Ratings
Message 196 of 406

Go to solution
@Neil0 thank you for your reply, however, when I want to add my email when updating my profile. I get the following message:-

This Recovery email should not match with BT username.

As my BTID is the name I am using on my email how do I get around this?

Regards
Neil
0 Ratings
Message 197 of 406

Go to solution

I didn't have McAfee on my laptop. was already using Norton.

Tried the BT update and had to uninstall Norton but then took me hours to sort getting it back again!!

My BT account is still telling me I need to update to Norton when I'm already using it.Publication1.jpg

0 Ratings
Message 198 of 406

Go to solution

@neil4768 That means your email address is already a BT ID. You might be able to change the account holder status on the BT ID that uses your email which will allow you to manage all your BT services from that ID instead.

1. Log in to My BT >
  2. Click on Settings and Your account.
  3. Scroll down and you'll see if you're an Account holder or Account manager.
  4. Click on the I should be the Account holder link and follow the steps.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 199 of 406

Go to solution

@NeilO i am the account holder, not sure what to do now.

Regards

Neil 

0 Ratings
Message 200 of 406

Go to solution

@neil4768 do you have more than one account associated with your BT ID? If so you need to make sure you're the account holder for both. 

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings