cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 201 of 406

Re: Can't update from McAfee to Norton

Go to solution

@NeilO there are two accounts, and I am the BTID is the account holder for both. I have just thought,  the primary email account is not linked to the BTID would this need to be the case?  At the moment all bills etc come to my email address not the primary one and would need to keep it as this. 

Regards

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 202 of 406

Go to solution

@neil4768 I'll need to take a look at how you've set up your BT ID's.  I'll send you a private message in a moment so you can send over your details.

Thanks
Neil

Message 203 of 406

Go to solution

Are your using your correct account for BT Broadband?

0 Ratings
Message 204 of 406

Go to solution

These files were in my FINDER.  Had to locate them  right click and move to Trash  then empty Trash then Restart. Then Norton Downloaded and Installed.  

11C9F064-930F-4FA1-8D2B-DF57A116A037.jpeg

0 Ratings
Message 205 of 406

Go to solution

I am logged in as Account Holder.

This is what I see on the BT homepage 'Your Security'

There is no Norton link to choose.

This is the error message I get when I click BT Virus Protect /  Manage.

04.jpg01.jpg02.jpg03.jpg

0 Ratings
Message 206 of 406

Go to solution

Hi @timmymac you will need to update your BT ID username to be in the format of an email address.

If you log in on a web browser at www.bt.com/mybt then at the top of the page click 'Your details' then click 'Profile' you can edit your username on that webpage. 

Thanks
Neil

0 Ratings
Message 207 of 406

Go to solution

So that is the problem. Thanks.

However I do not particularly want to change the BT ID I have had for 25 years, is there any way round this?

Thanks 

0 Ratings
Message 208 of 406

Go to solution

@internetq I'm afraid not, there was a campaign quite a few years ago to prompt customers to change it over to an email, if you haven't done so it can cause issues such as the one you've encountered.

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 209 of 406

Go to solution

I'm trying to update my BT virus protect to Norton after receiving a letter from BT. I have logged on to MyBT using my BTID (email address) and MyBT password as I usually do to view bills etc.
A banner appears asking me to update virus protect to Norton, I click on the button and a red banner appears at the top of the page stating "Server error please try again, error while saving your changes, please try again" ....rinse, repeat!
This is occurring on two PC's a laptop and a desktop both running Windows 10 with the latest updates. I am the account holder on MyBT, I have had my BT account since God was a boy!
Any ideas?

Terry

0 Ratings
Message 210 of 406

Go to solution

There is a post from the moderators regarding the "Server Error" message.

BT Virus protect: “Server error” - BT Community

0 Ratings