cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 231 of 406

Re: Can't update from McAfee to Norton

Go to solution

Thanks for the reply DavidM. I have already done all you suggested, I am the account holder as per MyBT. I only have one email address which I've had since the ice age. I've no idea how to send a screen shot, and I would be reluctant to do it even if I could as there is personal information on it.

MyBT is asking me to switch to Norton, when I click the switch button I continually get the error message "Server Error try again......... (as my original post)

Any ideas

Terry

0 Ratings
Message 232 of 406

Go to solution

Thanks for getting back @Tev .

have you fully removed any McAfee files from the device?

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Message 233 of 406

Go to solution

I’ve tried everything even terminal but it can’t find sophos but I suspect a hidden file somewhere 

0 Ratings
Message 234 of 406

Go to solution

Where does it say to remove the McAffee virus app before trying to install the Norton app. I thought when the installation started it would automatically uninstall the McAffee app?

Terry

0 Ratings
Message 235 of 406

Go to solution

Hi, I messaged last week with the  SERVER ERROR problem and included a Screenshot. Has there been any solution found? Having removed McAfee I am concerned that I don't have any virus protection. 

0 Ratings
Message 236 of 406

Go to solution

I no longer want to get replies. I have been given a  working solution so I'm happy.

0 Ratings
Message 237 of 406

Re: Cannot install Norton to replace McAfee as requested by BT.I have an iMac running Catalina 10.1

Go to solution

Hello David,

I believe I have removed McAfee...i.ie from Applications and downloads....but shows ...failed to install ..incompatible version or already installed.How do I check?

Thanks

0 Ratings
Message 238 of 406

Go to solution

I had real problems removing BT McAfee. I tried everything. The only solution was to contact McAfee themselves who took control of my pc remotely and manually checked that everything was removed. This only took around 10mins and Norton then was able to be installed. 

Link here: https://service.mcafee.com/?page=shell&shell=contact-support

click "Technical Support"

0 Ratings
Message 239 of 406

Go to solution

This should be simple. I've tried several times to download NortonNSDownloader.exe using different browsers, each time its failed. The BT letter I've received doesn't provide any help. What was wrong with McAfee that BT need to make thousands of their customers waste hours of their time trying to d something they didn't ask for. Typical shoddy BT service.

0 Ratings
Message 240 of 406

Go to solution
Couldn't agree more.....78 pensioner....am in confusion as I don't think I ticked their security invite several years ago when I initiated Bt broadband? Therefore this letter threw me as I tried to remove anything McAfee & couldn't install Norton.I removed Malware
bytes to do this...but on reflection I shouldn't have done anything! Maybe
0 Ratings