cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 241 of 406

Re: Can't update from McAfee to Norton

Go to solution

@Tim250 

I think that what was wrong with McAfee is that McAfee decided that they didn't want to do a free/cheap deal through BT any more. McAfee used to do a free basic antivirus for Android. At the same time that BT started the switch to Norton, the McAfee antivirus on my phone updated itself and told me I was going to have to start paying for it from now on. (My phone has AVG now!)

Message 242 of 406

Re: Installing Norton rather than McAfee

Go to solution
It’s the appalling ill conceived BT roll out of software that’s never been beta tested and sent out with their fingers crossed. There’s no coordination between the initial letter advising of the change and the precise procedures required to actually update the software. Don’t worry though as BT has saved a bucketload in switching to Norton and that’s on top of the 9% rise in bills (CPI + 3.9%) coming soon!!! Simply atrocious and unprofessional but hey all the new customers will make up for any leavers!
0 Ratings
Message 243 of 406

Go to solution

Have binned McAfee and Norton  and installed my own Mac anti virus ...after a week became weary of being promised a call from Tier 2....that never rang /or couldn't negotiate Call Guardian one of BT's products.

I spoke with people all over ...Liverpool.Blackburn.Cardiff and didn't catch  the last one...one even sent an engineer

that promptly turned round @ the doorstep saying he shouldn't have been sent as he only deals in hardware!

Bt staff so far have been clueless not always aware of the letter content.

0 Ratings
Message 244 of 406

Go to solution

I would like to pitch in with my related issue to, just in case this has come up before....

after receiving 'the letter' from BT advising me to switch over to Norton, I followed their instructions but after clicking on the "Manage" button on the on the BT anti-virus request I am taken to  a https://my.norton.com/ page and presented with the following message "Enter the 13-digit PIN code you received from your service provider. If you do not have a PIN code, contact your service provider for assistance."....what PIN, as BT have not provided me with anything?

Message 245 of 406

Go to solution

I have switched to Nortons but every time I try to update I get a Server Error, I have removed Mcafee on my Android phone with no success, also tried using the 4G connection on the phone. I get the same error on both PC and Laptop. Are BT fixing these issues or should I start looking for a new broadband supplier to take over in March?

Something went wrong - Official Site _ Norton Account Sign In & Set Up_Page_1.jpg

0 Ratings
Message 246 of 406

Go to solution

Yes, BT have just sorted out the same problem on my laptop. It is to do with your BTID. I was logging in to the wrong account on MY BT. Made a formal complaint and received a phone call from a technician who talked me through the process. Up and running now everything working fine. Good luck. 

0 Ratings
Message 247 of 406

Go to solution

Hi have finally managed to upload mobile, laptop and 1 tablet all now show Norton. Still having difficulty with a ASUS ZenPad3s. Tried using MYBT app to access get diverted to play store get as far as activation code sometimes just says system unavailable other times just a white screen. This morning tried going via the Norton email system unavailable. Tried MYBT and got the activation code it then asks for six digit pin and I input the same code showing on 5 emails only to be told I need to use the same code as I used earlier.  When I spoke to Karen on Monday I requested she reset my pin. She admitted she didn't know how to. Also it still tries to load McAfee not Norton. Any idea what I can do now thanks 

0 Ratings
Message 248 of 406

Go to solution

Can you say exactly what you had to change, going by their help my account is setup correctly. The ID is my email address and I am the account holder, according to BT that is sufficient for it to work. 

0 Ratings
Message 249 of 406

Go to solution

Sorry, the technician checked my account and told me that I was using the wrong account to access the download. He directed me the correct login details then everything just worked. He advised deleting the second account as it served no useful purpose. This he did for me. If you are still having problems I suggest you do the same as me. Email a formal complaint, which they have an obligation to respond to.

0 Ratings
Message 250 of 406

Unable to update online security to Norton

Go to solution

I have tried updating BT Virus Protect online security to Norton for two days now and have the following problem:

Logged in, went to BT Virus Protest on the BT website, clicked Activate the following message came up:
https://auth.bt.com/btgroupauthprod.onmicrosoft.com/B2C_1A_RPBT_Broker/api/GlobalException/error
"The resource you are looking for has been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable."

Went back to BT Virus Protect, this had now changed to Manage, clicked on Manage and still got the following message:
https://auth.bt.com/btgroupauthprod.onmicrosoft.com/B2C_1A_RPBT_Broker/api/GlobalException/error
"The resource you are looking for has been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable."

I have two desktop PCs I need to update, but I can't get further than the above messages.

0 Ratings