cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 251 of 406

Re: Can't update from McAfee to Norton

Go to solution

Why am I still seeing the McAfee app when trying to download the BT Virus Protect app powered by Norton on Google Play?

You may be seeing the McAfee app because you’ve got an operating system which is less than version 8.x on your Android device. To get the new BT Virus Protect app powered by Norton your device must have version 8.x and above.

To find and update your Android device to the latest version, follow the below steps:

Find out your current Android operating system version:

• From the Home screen, tap the Settings icon to go to the settings.

• Tap About Phone or About Device.

• Under Android Version, you can find the version of Android that runs on your device.

How to update your Android operating system version:

1. From the Home screen, tap the Settings icon to go to settings.

2. Tap System and then tap System update. If you cannot find System update, you may need to scroll down or tap Advanced.

3. If an Android update is available for your device, tap Install to download and install the update.

4. Follow the on-screen instructions.

Thanks,

Robbie

Message 252 of 406

Go to solution

Just had the letter from BT. Clicked on the button in My BT to do the update and got this message: "The resource you are looking for has been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable."

What do i do now?

0 Ratings
Message 253 of 406

Go to solution

@Retep1 wrote:

Just had the letter from BT. Clicked on the button in My BT to do the update and got this message: "The resource you are looking for has been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable."

What do i do now?

Try again later.

0 Ratings
Message 254 of 406

Go to solution

The message has been shown all this week as BT clearly has realised there is a significant issue with its roll out which clearly has not been thought through or tested correctly. I am assuming the message / link will be down for a while yet which is why I said in an earlier post it maybe worth waiting until March as hopefully by then this fiasco may have been resolved. 

Message 255 of 406

Re: Can't update from McAFEE To Norton on Mac Book Pro

Go to solution

Thanks David M for the reply

Can you advise on my last sentence please

So BT what are you going to do for people like me who have perfectly good  older Mac Book Pro computers? Provide a solution or deduct the cost of the BT virus protect from my bill.

0 Ratings
Message 256 of 406

Re: Can't update from Sophos to Norton

Go to solution

Norton installer says can't install as Sophos present. What do I do??

0 Ratings
Message 257 of 406

Go to solution

Well- a month after the first post on this now that those lovely BT people have written to me Snail Mail (maybe they ain't got email?) to say they're updating me to Norton, I too get an error message.  A pity, as I would much prefer to be protected by a brand which sounds like a classic British Motorcycle than something which sounds like a colonial hamburger franchise?

0 Ratings
Message 258 of 406

Go to solution

Hi @Retep1 and @Charisma, if you are getting this error then it sounds like your BTID username is not an email address.

If this is the case then please follow the steps on Changing Your BTID Username and once this is completed you should be able to change over. 

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 259 of 406

Re: Can't update from Sophos to Norton

Go to solution

Hi @ianto1, sorry you are having this problem

Follow this Step By Step Guide and that should resolve this for you.

cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 260 of 406

Go to solution

I have tried every single help page, check my ID is an email address, I am an account holder status and still the damn process comes back with Server Error. To me it appears this is a poorly structured roll-out. If BT knows some account will have difficulties why are they not being proactive in identifying them and getting them sorted for customers.  BT have our email addresses and phone number, just fix it now!!!

0 Ratings