cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 361 of 406

Re: Can't update from McAfee to Norton

Go to solution

Already handed control of my computer to BT once and told sorted but it wasn't.  Managed to sort out downloading McAfee myself and also deleted Norton where I could but there are still remnants of it on my computers and not listed anywhere in my programme lists.  Totally hacked off with the mismanagement of this changeover, don't worry I will be severing my ties with BT as soon as I can, unfortunately that can't be until Feb23.  Norton is taking us for a ride and BT cannot absolve themselves from responsibility that's for sure.

0 Ratings
Message 362 of 406

Go to solution

Will give that a whirl, cheers.  I may already have had a go, been going round in circles for so long now I don't know my arris from my elbow, got to keep at it though because it's driving me up the wall.

0 Ratings
Message 363 of 406

Go to solution

Will give it a whirl.  Cheers.

0 Ratings
Message 364 of 406

Go to solution

Personally I'd stick with McAfee, Norton is a mess in  my opinion, can't sort it out at all, too complicated for an ordinary user whereas McAfee is a doddle in comparison and very efficient.

0 Ratings
Message 365 of 406

Go to solution

I am trying to change to Norton and keep getting this message?

The resource you are looking for has been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.

MTIA

Foxyee

0 Ratings
Message 366 of 406

Go to solution

Hi @Foxyee Welcome to the community and thanks for posting, I'm sorry to see you're having trouble changing over to Norton. That error message means your BT ID is not in the format of an email address. If you login to MyBT click on 'Profile' and on that page you can change it to an email address by clicking 'Edit username' 

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 367 of 406

Go to solution

Personally speaking if I was you I'd be grateful...   I'm even getting messages now saying I've not got Internet now and again e.g. Sky Q box wouldn't connect as I didn't have internet connection.  I seem to be going round in circles and it's doing my head in.  Good luck.

0 Ratings
Message 368 of 406

Go to solution

Hi. I'm having the same problem which appears to be because my BT userid is not my email address. I have tried changing my userid to my BT email address but get a message saying this address already exists. Of course it does but it is not my userid. Is there a way round this. I tried the Help Desk but the guy couldn't fix it.

0 Ratings
Message 369 of 406

Go to solution

Pretty similar.  BT insists I'm not the account holder, it's my money they take though.  Said they'd fixed it but no chance.  Like I said, I've given up and will be off at the first opportunity when my contract is up.  Unfortunately that won't be until Feb23 because I upgraded in the hope of that sorting it.  Oh, I'm the account holder alright when it comes to upgrading and increasing my billing.  Try the help pages and just sent round in ever decreasing circles and yes, I am disappearing.

0 Ratings
Message 370 of 406

Go to solution

Hi @JSMills ,

I've drooped you a reply here .

Cheers

David

0 Ratings