Message 381 of 406

Re: Can't update from McAfee to Norton

Go to solution
Well said sir.
0 Ratings
Message 382 of 406

Go to solution
It shouldn't be like this. I've given up and I'll cope with what I've got until contract up and then they can get stuff. Already sacked their TV when I couldn 't get any joy from them, wiring from outside but they wouldn't wear it, reckoned it was my gear but I used to work in comms and know signal paths and also did a "Cable Course" on retirement from the Forces, just like the techies they have working on Openreach. They think they're dealing with green people all the time but some of us know better. Cheers.
0 Ratings
Message 383 of 406

Go to solution

Hi guys,BT Norton Error.jpg

Me too same error! unable to update.

Bored

0 Ratings
Message 384 of 406

Go to solution

Hi Sean

This doesn't solve the problem. 

I have logged in through My BT (my BTID is my email address, and I am the Account Holder).

The first time I went through this I had the 'switch to Norton' button which changed to 'Manage' after the first time it was pressed.

Now I only get the 'Server error' page.  I have tried this on multiple computers with the same result.

Step 2 of your solution asks the question 'Why am I still getting server errors?' -  That is the question! (not the solution!)

Is there another manual fix?

Regards,

Wendy

0 Ratings
Message 385 of 406

Go to solution

Hi David,

I see that you are moderating problems with changing over to Norton.

I have been trying on and off for the last week to change over our 2 phones. It throws me out or says BT has a server error. I have tried a number of ways to sort it and it still beats me.

Any light on the horizon

please

Chris 

0 Ratings
Message 386 of 406

Go to solution

Hi - I have been told the reason for this server error is that to change to Norton my BT Id must be an email address, which mine isn't. Is that the case for you? I then tried to change my BT Id to my email address but told that I'd already in use. Program error confusing BT Id with email of.

0 Ratings
Message 387 of 406

Go to solution

Yes it isn't my email as I'd.

It's not very sociable is it. What do we do now?

0 Ratings
Message 388 of 406

Go to solution

Thanks for your help. Tablet is just too old!! 

0 Ratings
Message 389 of 406

Go to solution

Isnt it a pity; one of the main IT businesses in the world and they cannot sort  something like this out. Should not have happened really. No testing on real customers before they went national.

Question is NOW. What are they doing about it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Im just not trying anymore until BT tell me HOW.

Good luck

0 Ratings
Message 390 of 406

Go to solution

@cbaston wrote:

I have been trying on and off for the last week to change over our 2 phones. It throws me out or says BT has a server error. I have tried a number of ways to sort it and it still beats me. 

BT's Norton offering only works on Android 8.0 or later phones so if your phones are earlier Android phones or iPhones and you feel that you want to use AV on you will need to seek out an AV app from the Play store or Apple store.

See link about operating systems that are supported.

Important updates to your virus and password prote... - BT Community

0 Ratings