cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 391 of 406

Re: Can't update from McAfee to Norton

Go to solution

I'm not talking about phones I'm talking about 2  desktops and a laptop.  Doesn't matter anyway as I've sacked Norton from my system and gone back to McAfee.   Once my BT contract is up their broadband will be going as well, TV already been binned.  At the end of the day when we're paying top dollar we're entitled to a bit of customer satisfaction instead of constant sales pushes and gobbledegook, which is what's happening.   They're more attentive of sales than giving customer service is my opinion.

0 Ratings
Message 392 of 406

Go to solution

Hi @cbaston, sorry you're still having this error. This error is caused when the BTID log in name is not an email address.

Is your BTID log in name your email address? If not then please follow the steps on Change BTID Username and change it to your email address and that will fix this error.

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 393 of 406

Go to solution

too late gone back to McAfee.  BT system wouldn't allow me to change anything,  I'm not the "Account Holder", oh yes I am.  I pay the bills and that's why I'll be off.  At the end of the day they're supposed to do what the customer requires not the other way round.   BT are only interested in sales, end of.

0 Ratings
Message 394 of 406

Go to solution

@S4Brains wrote:

I'm not talking about phones I'm talking about 2  desktops and a laptop.  Doesn't matter anyway as I've sacked Norton from my system and gone back to McAfee.   Once my BT contract is up their broadband will be going as well, TV already been binned.  At the end of the day when we're paying top dollar we're entitled to a bit of customer satisfaction instead of constant sales pushes and gobbledegook, which is what's happening.   They're more attentive of sales than giving customer service is my opinion.

If you are replying to my last post, if you read it correctly you will see that I was not replying to any of your posts. I was replying to @cbaston

0 Ratings
Message 395 of 406

Go to solution

My reply was relevant to the post I received via the Email system.  The same applies. it's part of an ongoing discussions isn't it????  I don't need rollickings from "moderators" thankyou.

0 Ratings
Message 396 of 406

Go to solution

I am not a moderator nor was I giving you a "rollicking".

I was pointing out that my post was not to you because you replied as though it was and was in relation to your specific problem when it clearly was not.

The email you got was to inform you that a message had been posted on this thread. It does not mean it was specific to something you posted.

In any event rest assured that any post that I make on this thread will not be addressed to you or your problems or moans.

0 Ratings
Message 397 of 406

Go to solution

Hi _ I have been trying to change my BT ID (currently not my email address) to my email address to get Norton. I tried following your link which gave me instructions to go to settings/profile, but there is no settings link in My BT. Am I missing something?

0 Ratings
Message 398 of 406

Go to solution

@JSMills I'm sorry, I think the instructions on the link are out of date and I'll feed that back.

Login to MyBT on a web browser, click Your details then Profile. Scroll down then click Edit username. Let me know if you need any further help.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 399 of 406

Go to solution

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly. Unfortunately this doesn't seem to work either. When I click the My BT link I get a menu with My Details and two submenus Account Details and Personal Details. Account details doesn't have anything relevant. When I click my details I just get a screen asking me to put in my email address which it indicates (though doesn't actually say, will become my BT Id. My email address is filled in and the confirm box is empty. When I fell in my email address in this box I get a message saying this email address is already in use. (Of course it is - as my email address but not my current BT ID which is basically my name). There seems to be a bit of confusion on the site. I'm trying to get this fixed via Clive Selley (whom I know - I used to work for BT) but so far his people are not having much success either.

0 Ratings
Message 400 of 406

Go to solution

@JSMills We'll be happy to take a look at this for you and I'll send you a private message so you can get in touch with the moderation team.  If you've also registered the email address as a separate BT ID we might need to do a bit of a tidy up on our side to streamline the BT ID's.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings