cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 121 of 406

Re: Can't update from McAfee to Norton

Go to solution

@NeilO 

Thanks for the advice. However, when I do as you suggest the BT Security page shows me -

BT Virus Protect

Included with your BT Broadband

Keep your personal information and up to 15 devices safe wherever you are.

Manage     Learn more

When I click on Manage It takes me to  - my . norton . com
So it's definitely Norton
0 Ratings
Message 122 of 406

Go to solution

Went into myBT on my Windows 10 laptop. Selected Your Security. Clicked on Manage. Took me to Norton website. Downloaded the app. Ran it; it removed McAfee and BT Virus Protect and then installed Norton. I've now run a full system scan and set up a weekly scan. All good. Thanks for sorting the "system error" problem. Just a shame it wasn't discovered before the update release.

0 Ratings
Message 123 of 406

Go to solution

I've got round to trying again and managed to successfully install Norton onto my PC. 

0 Ratings
Message 124 of 406

Re: Important updates to your virus and password protection

Go to solution

Now all I get on my phone is activation failed, try again!

0 Ratings
Message 125 of 406

Go to solution

I eventually managed to update PC, laptops, tablets and mobiles - after errors! Very time consuming!  I hope the software switch is not going to be an annual event! I assume it was done to save BT money?   The main problem I experienced on PC was that Norton initially disabled  my use of Chrome - it would not launch browser and I could not see my shortcuts. I had to go into Google settings to get access to Chrome again.  

0 Ratings
Message 126 of 406

Go to solution

Hi I wonder if you can help me.  I have tried your fix, but it still is telling me "Server error please try again". I have tried numerous times, and tried logging out and back in and I still get the same message.  I am using an iMac big sur 11.6, as I have not updated it yet to the newest software as yet.  Is there still a problem?

0 Ratings
Message 127 of 406

Re: Important updates to your virus and password protection

Go to solution

Finally sorted it, had to unistall from my phone and then re-install the app and it seems to work ok, although it does not give the same functionality as the old McAfee app!

Message 128 of 406

Go to solution

Hi SeanD and any other Moderator:

I am having the same issue of internal Server error.  I follow the guidance below and click on the "Manage" button within the tile:

Pete502_0-1640720751962.png

From there it takes me to the below URL:
https://login.norton.com/sso/sp/OAUTH?state=4ca58273-a169-461c-bffa-00d5972d09c9&code=eyJraWQiOiJIU0...

Which gives the below page:

Pete502_1-1640720815753.png

From there the links takes you back round the same loop.

Tired on a number of different devices, mobile and laptop and its still the same.  

Please direct message me to help sort this out.  Does not look great.

Thanks Pete

0 Ratings
Message 129 of 406

Go to solution

Pete502

If you check out this link that was previously posted by the moderators it may be of assistance.

BT Virus protect: “Server error” - BT Community

0 Ratings
Message 130 of 406

Go to solution

Thank you I finally got it to work on my iMac.  I realised that when I first joined bt (numerous years ago) I used a different email address, so popped that in and hey presto no more server error.  However, I can not get it to work on my iPad.  It states that Norton is compatible with IOS however it keeps telling me that its not compatible once I say its for my iPad.  I have tried sending a link via email and also taking a photo of the code but it still tells me it is not compatible.  The actual words are "Norton Security cannot be installed on your operating system, however, it can be installed on the following operating system:  (pictures of windows, android and IOS.  My IOS on my iPad is up to date anyone have any ideas?  I have fibre 2 so am meant to have up to 15 licences and have only used 2.  Thanks in advance.  

0 Ratings