cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 406

Re: Important updates to your virus and password protection

Go to solution

Hi @philbaldry and welcome back.

This is exactly the issue we’re trying to fix. Please bear with us while we sort this out for you. If you’ve already installed the McAfee version of BT Virus Protect, please rest assured that it will continue to work as normal. Once we fix the issue you’re seeing, you’ll be able to switch over to Norton, and we’ll reach out to let you know.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 406

Re: Can't update from McAfee to Norton

Go to solution

I have the same issue , cannot download Norton and get the same server error. Any news on if its fixed yet please

Message 13 of 406

Go to solution
Thanks for the update David
Message 14 of 406

Re: Can't update from McAfee to Norton

Go to solution

Hi @Tally1001 and @CWT  and thanks for posting.

Sorry you're also have a few problems there. I'll be happy to take a look at this for you also. I'll drop you a private message now so you can send over the details.

Cheers

David

Message 15 of 406

Go to solution

I have a new laptop running windows 11 and when I try to download BT virus protect it says not compatible? When I click on learn more there is no mention of Windows 11?

Ian24_0-1639398843860.png

Ian24_1-1639398883718.png

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 406

Go to solution

Hi @Ian24 and welcome to our community.

I'm sorry you're having a few problems also. I'll ask the question about this and will get back to you a soon as I have an answer.

Cheers

David

Message 17 of 406

Go to solution

I'm getting the same.

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 406

Go to solution

Hi @Ian24 and @CWT .

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. We are investigating this issue as soon as possible with Norton to sort out this issue. We’ll come back ASAP.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 406

Go to solution

Hi @paularmstrong63 ,

Quick question. Have been asked an activation code to get Norton or if this is for the existing McAfee product?

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Message 20 of 406

bt virus protect change to Norton

Go to solution

Hello,  I just visited MyBt and went to settings and clicked on  Switch to Norton, but it took me to an error page. and nowhere to download the Norton new BT Virus Protect, so I   I tried again and this  happened  once more , so had to come out of MyBt thinking I will try later.  However, I just received an email thanking me for activating my Norton subscription which will be £0.00 per month and will show on my account. It also said as I have taken a third party service I have agreed to use that immediately  etc.,    I do not quite understand that bit.  And am I likely to be charged later on - I hope not.

I logged into MyBt again and this time when I went to settings  instead of a box saying Switch to Norton it now says Manage which is a box I am used to seeing,   so I presume I have changed, although I have not downloaded the Norton App as such.   Does this mean that I will be requested to do this at a later date  - it is very confusing.

0 Ratings