cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 271 of 406

Re: Can't update from Sophos to Norton

Go to solution

Might well be a self help forum and thank you for your help

But BT like Sky, O2 in fact almost every Tech company expect the user to always sort issues themselves because it means that they do not have to spend money on technical support; it therefore helps their bottom line.

This is obviously a common problem (particularly where there are already pages of comments); this was not the only thread mentioning the issue. So putting a note along with the Important Updates ..... would make sense

But once again thank you

0 Ratings
Message 272 of 406

Go to solution

Hi

Within MyBt

Login to MyBt

Click on Your Security, etc...

Then the error message appears

0 Ratings
Message 273 of 406

Go to solution

Thanks, @huwpne2022 Do you have more than one BT account associated to your BT ID? If you do have you chosen the correct one from the drop-down?

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 274 of 406

Go to solution

I get the same server error day after day, it is from my when I try to manage Virus Protection on Laptop, PC and via the Virus Protection app on my Android phone, I have selected the correct ID, as I have 2 accounts listed only 1 has broadband, and checked the ID is an email address that is the same as my BT ID this is very frustrating that BT knows about issues but is not pro actively sorting out and just leaving user (customers) to troll through a forum and useless help pages.

Something went wrong - Official Site _ Norton Account Sign In & Set Up_Page_1.jpg

0 Ratings
Message 275 of 406

Go to solution
Cheers, think my issue might just have been a server issue, seems to be playing ball now
0 Ratings
Message 276 of 406

Go to solution
Hi Neil

Mine might just have been some sort of connect issue, just tried again in Firefox and it has downloaded the Setup file

Many thanks for your help
0 Ratings
Message 277 of 406

Go to solution

@huwpne2022 That's great,  I'm glad it worked for you and sorry about the issues experienced.

@colin1501 I'm sorry we'll need to raise that with the Virus protect team for further investigation. I'll send you a private message in a moment so you can get in touch. 

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 278 of 406

Re: Can't update from McAfee to Norton

Go to solution
i have the same problem. its rubbish roll out
0 Ratings
Message 279 of 406

Go to solution

I left it alone and went back later; it then worked - wonder if it’s a server load issue…

0 Ratings
Message 280 of 406

Go to solution
i have been trying for 4 days. Always get "server error try again".
Think i will go to a different internet provider. Bt isnt much good.
0 Ratings