cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 371 of 406

Re: Can't update from McAfee to Norton

Go to solution

Hi

I'm trying to use BT Virus Protect for the first time. I've activated but get the server error on laptop and Android. I checked account and it shows account holder.

How can I resolve this?

Thanks

0 Ratings
Message 372 of 406

Go to solution

SeanD - Admin

you posted back in December 2021 that this was fixed. It's now 9th March 2022 and it's still not fixed.

WHY??  WHY??  WHY??

0 Ratings
Message 373 of 406

Go to solution

Hi @John_Pennifold, welcome to the forum, and thanks for your post.

I'm sorry that you're having a problem changing over to Norton. Please would you create a new thread by posting a question and elaborating on what's going wrong when you try to change over. The community will be happy to help you get this fixed.

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 374 of 406

Go to solution

To be honest mate I've just accepted defeat, it's been too long now.  I'll accept my computer for what it is and work round stuff as much as a I can.  I'll be off to another provider once my contract is done.  A BT techie had control of my computer and even he couldn't fix it after saying he had so what chance does anyone remote stand?  A lot of it seems to be to do with "permissions" and who BT has as the account holder, like I said before.   My missus happened to be the one who arranged our phone line move when we moved house, via phone I might add, nothing else changed.  She is embedded as the account holder and BT can't seem to be able to sort it.  I pay the bills and she doesn't even do computers.  We have 2 mobile phones as well, at least they work, up to now anyway.  Like I said, "I give in BT, carry on."

0 Ratings
Message 375 of 406

Go to solution

This is nothing short of ridiculous. Clearly the issue is many months old and still people are having the issue of changing from McAfee to Norton. More annoying is the link to the "solution" does not resolve the issue!

I find myself now without any virus protection, and looking at this forum I am not going to find a solution here. I have wasted far too much time already on this and like the poster above, I will be leaving BT when the contract ends in a couple of months time. It is unacceptable.

Disgraceful.

0 Ratings
Message 376 of 406

Go to solution

Hi, @Samsto welcome to the community and thanks for posting, I'm sorry to see you're having trouble changing over to Norton. Can you let me know what error message you're getting and I'll be happy to help?

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 377 of 406

Go to solution

Can't remember the message exactly but something like this is no longer available on this server. After a bit of rooting around discovered I can only have Norton of my BT sign in id is my email address, which currently it isn't. When I then try to change my BT Id to my email address I am told this Id is already in use. It seems there is a programming glitch here (affecting hundreds of people) which confuses my email sign-in with my BT sign-in.

David

0 Ratings
Message 378 of 406

Go to solution
I have had this problem for years.
The answer is only to auto-save one of the passwords (make sure you know which). When you try to access the other (with your same email address) it will suggest your (wrong) password. Delete this password from the password field and type in the correct password.
It's a real pain because you have to do it every time.
I have thought about making the two passwords the same but I'm not sure if there would be any side effects.
0 Ratings
Message 379 of 406

Go to solution

NeilO, why do you keep asking people what error they are getting? You know very well what error we are all getting.

It's "SERVER ERROR" and two screens full of garbage.

Surley you can look at the server log to see what's getting logged?

I can see from postings that this has been going on for at least 3 months now, despite you claiming all those months ago that it was fixed. Why aren't you actually doing anything about it?

Do you work for BT or Norton?

0 Ratings
Message 380 of 406

Go to solution

Welcome to BT.  Same probs for weeks.  They can't fix it and neither can I.   What a gash set up it is.

0 Ratings