Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
_John_
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

Cannot backup to BT Cloud from QNAP NAS / PC Network Drive

Background:

All of the computers in my house perform regular backups via my LAN to a QNAP Network Attached Storage device.  Each PC has access to a shared network drive on the NAS and performs daily incremental backups - this works well.  I now have Infinity and 50Gb of BT Cloud storage. 

Problem: 

I'd like to perform a backup from my NAS to the BT Cloud - sounds simple but as I see it there are two options; unfortunately neither work for me -

1) Set-up the NAS to connect directly to the BT Cloud - unfortunately the NAS only seems to support direct Cloud backups using Symform, Elephantdrive, and Amazon.  Has anyone got this to work with BT please?

2) Use the BT provided Cloud application on a PC to copy the contents of the network drive to the Cloud.  Unfortunately when you click on the "Add files or folders" button - it does NOT let you select a directory to backup; only files!!!  Even when selecting files it forces you to do it individually! 

Any thoughts/help/new options would be really appreciated!

Many thanks in advance.  Cheers

Tags (4)
0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
AlexTheLion
Contributor
Message 2 of 4

Re: Cannot backup to BT Cloud from QNAP NAS / PC Network Drive

Have you tried creating a shortcut to the files on the NAS on your desktop pc? Then point the Cloud app to this folder

0 Ratings
Highlighted
_John_
Beginner
Message 3 of 4

Hi AlexTheLion - Thanks for the speedy suggestion

I've just tried adding the shortcut as you suggested - but the lovely BT Cloud app just opens it and forces me to select down to the file level again - grrr.

0 Ratings
john9411
Contributor
Message 4 of 4

Just found this topic on forum as I have same problem.

BT Cloud is provided by a company called Synchronoss who have 'built' a custom cloud soluion for BT.

Having spent some time talking to BT I have been advised that it is a management decision not to provide this facility!

This is one customer who, when his contract ends, will seriously be looking elsewhere for my broadband supplier unless, by that time, 'management' have come to their senses.

0 Ratings