Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rajinderpauluck
Contributor
Message 1 of 4

Cannot download BT VPN profile for IOS

Go to solution

Hi there,

I'm just posting to ask whether anybody else is experiencing the same problem as me and whether anybody has found any alternatives to getting around this problem, basically when I click on the link https://my.btopenzone.com/vpn/apple/iOS/BT_Wi-Fi_VPN_Profile.mobileconfig for the IOS BT VPN profile using Safari on my iPhone, it doesn't download and times out with saying "Safari cannot open the page because it could not connect to the server." when connected to our internal network and keeps on looping back to the session page when connected to a BT WiFi public network with and without FON i.e. after you have entered your login details into the BT Openzone login page. Can the VPN profile settings be entered manually? If so please could you send me them, I've got an iPhone 4 with IOS 6.1.3.

Thanks,

Paul 

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Guru
Guru
Message 2 of 4

Re: Cannot download BT VPN profile for IOS

Go to solution

Hi rajinderpauluck,

I think you need to connect to a BTWifi or BTWifi with Fon hotspot with the device you want to install the VPN software onto.

However you don't login and go straight to https://my.btopenzone.com/vpn/apple/iOS/BT_Wi-Fi_VPN_Profile.mobileconfig

If you login I think it will keep directing you to the "You're now connected" page

Hope that helps,

Cheers

jac_95 | BT.com Help Site | BT Service Status
Someone Solved Your Question?
Please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Try a Search
See if someone in the community had the same problem and how they got it resolved.
rajinderpauluck
Contributor
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

Bingo, thanks jac_95 I never thought of that one and thank you very much for your help again, however I'm now getting the following message when trying to get to a BT WiFi hotspot after I have authenticated with the BT Wi-fi app after flicking on the VPN setting in the Settings menu "Negotiation with the VPN server failed." Is it because I have the BTWifi profile installed as well as the BT Wi-Fi profile? I.e. the one to be used in conjunction with the BT Wi-fi app.  

Thanks,

Paul

0 Ratings
rajinderpauluck
Contributor
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

Actually I've worked it out now, it was because I was logged into the VPN on my PC which is why it threw it up the message in the previous post, thank you for your help.

Paul

0 Ratings