cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Cannot find help with getting BT Cloud desktop app to launch

I have installed the BTC Cloud app repeatedly but I cannot get it to launch / run on my Windows 10 PC

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Cannot find help with getting BT Cloud desktop app to launch

Uninstall it at your peril!

Take a read of this thread and you'll understand why I say that, a lot of people have tried to do so and it's caused many problems. BT are aware and are supposed to be looking into it but meanwhile the app remains available for download, Crazy!!

https://community.bt.com/t5/Broadband-Extras-Apps-from-BT/BT-Cloud-Won-t-Start/td-p/2117275/page/107

Message 3 of 5

The desktop app has not worked correctly since Dec 2020 following an update. BT are aware of this but offer no solutions and no information as to why the problem still has not been fixed.  It seems the only people who use these forums are customers and it is unprofessional of BT to stand by and allow so many of its customers to continually keep asking why they cannot access the desktop app without having an official response from them. 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

@Nousername 

There is a new version of the app in beta at the moment, I understand from the thread that I linked to above that it will be generally available by the end of this month. Having said that, my confidence is such that I feel I must sign off saying, "Don't shoot the messenger"

Message 5 of 5

Hi, I would’t dream of abusing anyone- as I commented earlier having read so many posts I understand that only customers and more experienced tech savvy people comment or lend support to us beginners.  BT should be informing us of issues and timescales to reduce the frustrations of not being able to easily access files stored in the cloud. You keep up the good work.