cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 3

Cannot see My Extras in MY BT and getting nowhere with BT call centre

I have bought a new laptop and want to dwonload BT Net Protect Plus. I log in to My BT (using primary ID) but when I scroll to My Extras where I should be able to see Net Protect Plus, I just have the following message:

We're sorry, we're having trouble displaying your BT Extras information currently. Please try again in 15 minutes.
Recently placed an order?Your products and extras may not show until the order has completed. You can track your order here

(also get the same message under 'My products')

The message has been there for the last 3 weeks since I started trying to download this. I have been in touch with BT via the call centre and have logged a complatint. I'm now being rung everday from BT call cetnre in India to see if it is rectified, tell me they have no update on sorting it, and no date on when it will be sorted!

As I'm paying £3.50 per month for the software I am now getting pretty fed up that I can't access it.

Has anyone else had the same problem and found a solution?

Any help or suggestions would be approciated as I'm getting nowhere via the official routes!

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: Cannot see My Extras in MY BT and getting nowhere with BT call centre

I don't know why it is not showing in your MyBT Extras but my advice and that of others on the forum would be not to use BTNetprotect. It can cause problems on some computers and can be a resource hog.. There are far better free antivirus programs available such as AVG Free.

If you do want ton pay for an antivirus program you could get a program such as Kaspersky multi user for the same money as you are paying for BTNetprotect. Kaspersky consistently comes out very highly on tests while McAfee/ BTNetprotect usually rates poorly as well as performing below the free products.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 3 of 3

Re: Cannot see My Extras in MY BT and getting nowhere with BT call centre

Thanks for the advice. I've downloaded a free month trial of AVG and will see how I get on.

0 Ratings