cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 15

Re: Cannot upload a video file of 2gb. Is there a limit?

@RaisedOnBruce I'm sorry about the problems you're having uploading to the BT Cloud, we've highlighted this to the Cloud team and will post back as soon as we know more.

Community ModeratorNeilO
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Dode
Aspiring Expert
Message 12 of 15

To be fair RaisedOnBruce I don't think the mods know any more about the problems than the folk around here and I don't think there are any solutions without a software re-write. It's just a bad piece of software.

0 Ratings
RaisedOnBruce
Aspiring Contributor
Message 13 of 15

Update: I've tried creating a folder on my desktop, including some of the videos I wish to back up to the Cloud. The first video file happens to be nearly 7GB but won't sync (stops 80% of the way through), so that option is also out.

Is this a Mac issue, as I cannot believe I am the first person who wishes to store large files on the Cloud?

0 Ratings
graystreet
Contributor
Message 14 of 15

Using the Windows client I was able to upload, and download afterwards just to make sure, a 2.7GB MP4 file, that was the largest file I had available.

It was maxing out my 17Mbps upload bandwidth which is more than it can manage with photographs...

That was using, in Windows Explorer, right clicking on the file and selecting "copy to BT Cloud".

0 Ratings
RaisedOnBruce
Aspiring Contributor
Message 15 of 15

Update: 

I've tried playing about with all permutations, on a Mac, on a PC, using drag and drop, using backup sync, etc and it seems that with a large file, it will transfer 90% of the way and cut out. It therefore seems that it is happy to go to 6.6gb of a 6.8gb file (and then fails), but on the other hand, it won't upload a 2gb file. It is as if it has an issue with completion. The largest file I have successfully uploaded so far is 1.95gb.

0 Ratings