Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

Cloud Account deactivated before 60 days after leaving BT

Go to solution

I have tried to login into my btcloud account and not been able to. I have tried to register a complaint with BT today as I should have had 60 days from when my broadband service was deactivated to retrieve my stored data from my cloud account. The mail received from BT when I was leaving clearing stated I had 60 days, the 60 days has not yet elapsed so The guy in the customer care has repeatedly said that it is not possible and the back office is shut down due to COVID-19 and it will be late when the team resumes working.

However it is my data at stake and am misguided on 60 days limit. I hope someone can help me as I am told that a manager will call me in 4 hours and am still awaiting a call back from a Manager about this.
This is so stressful. Hopefully I will have access to my data to download, otherwise a hard lesson learnt due to misguidance from BT.

Initial email I received from BT when leaving is below.

Leaving BT: here's a summary of what happens and any charges

We're sorry to hear you're thinking of moving your phone line and broadband to another provider.
This email has everything you need to know about leaving us. If you've got any questions or you'd like to talk about something, you can give us a call. Just make sure it's before 2pm on 20-Feb-2020 as that's the latest we can change things before you move. If we don't hear from you by then, your services will automatically move on 22-Feb-2020.

Things you'll miss out onIf you move, you won't be able to use the extras that come with your broadband, like:

• Wi-Fi - so you might need to start using more mobile data when you're out and about
• Web Protect and Parental Controls - so you might be more vulnerable when browsing the web
• Virus Protect - so you might need to buy anti-virus software from somewhere else
• Cloud storage - any files you've uploaded (like photos) will disappear after 60 days. If you want to keep them, you'll need to save them somewhere else.

Then another email received on 24-Feb again stated the same..

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Message 2 of 6

Re: Cloud Account deactivated before 60 days after leaving BT

Go to solution

Hi @kb612 sorry that you have lost access to your Cloud account before the 60 days have passed. I've sent you a Private Message with details on how to contact the Mod team and we'll be happy to see if we can do anything to help.

cheers
John

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution
I have responded to Private Message. Pls check and help me..
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

Hi Everyone,

After a little bit of magic from @DanielS the cloud account is now active and @kb612 is able to access his files.

Great way to start the week 🙂

Matt

Highlighted
Beginner
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

I too have lost access before the 60 day cut off and have lost many many school documents.  Can you help me gain access again? 

thanks 

Tags (3)
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

Hi @Da_ha sorry that you have lost access to your Cloud files and the 60 days have not passed. I've sent you a Private Message with details on how to contact the Mod team and we'll be happy to help you with this.

cheers

John

0 Ratings