cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sajohnston1
Message 1 of 7

Cloud Account deactivated before 90 days after leaving BT

Go to solution

I have tried to login into my btcloud account and not been able to. I have registed a complaint with BT today as I should have had 90 days from when my broadband service was deactivated to retrieve my stored data from my cloud account. The mail received from BT when I was leaving clearing stated I had 90 days, the 90 days has not yet elapsed so I think BT owe me compensation for the loss of data. I await a call back from a Manager about this.

Be warned back up/transfer your data stored on BT cloud before you deactivate your broadband. I have learned a very hard lesson in life because of this.

The email I received from BT when leaving is below.

We're sorry you're leaving us

Our reference: WLRSC 

Hello Mr Johnston, 

We're sorry to hear you're thinking of moving your phone line and broadband to another provider. 

This email has everything you need to know about leaving us. If you have any questions or you'd like to talk about something, you can give us a call on 0800 028 3098. Just make sure it's before 2pm on 11-Jan-2019 as that's the latest we can change things before you move. If we don't hear from you by then, your services will automatically move on 15-Jan-2019. 

Move date
15-Jan-2019 

Changed your mind?
Tell us by 2pm,
11-Jan-2019
Questions? Call us
0800 028 3098 

Things you'll miss out onIf you move, you won't be able to use the extras that come with your broadband, like:
  • Wi-Fi - so you might need to start using and paying for more mobile data when out and about
  • Web Protect - so you might need to start using and paying for more mobile data when out and about
  • Web Protect and Parental Controls - so you might be more vulnerable when browsing the web
  • Virus Protect - so you might not be so safe using external storage, like USB sticks
  • Cloud storage - any files you've uploaded (like photos) will disappear after 90 days. You need to save them to a device or you might not get them back.
  • BT Mail - you won't be able to use your free BT email address. If you want to keep it, let us know by calling 0800 028 3098 and we can start billing you for it. It's £7.50 a month by Direct Debit.
0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: Cloud Account deactivated before 90 days after leaving BT

Go to solution

See https://community.bt.com/t5/Broadband-Extras-Apps-from-BT/What-happens-with-Cloud-when-I-leave-BT/m-...

It says 30 days.

The other issue is that if you have not accessed the files in the last 30 days, I think they get deleted.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

Hi @sajohnston1 I'm really sorry your BT Cloud has been deactivated early. If the email you got advised you had 90 days then this should have been the case.  There is an new policy which has reduced this time to 60 days so I believe there may be a fault.  

I've sent you a Private Message with details on how you can get in contact with the mod team and we'll raise a case with the BT Cloud team to see if they can retrieve your account.

0 Ratings
sajohnston1
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution
I have responded to moderator in a private message. I hope my data can be restored.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

Thanks @sajohnston1.

It may take us a couple of working days before we can get back to you but we will.

In the meantime, try access your cloud now and let me know what you see.

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings
sajohnston1
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution
Cloud account is back. I was able to login tonight. So thank you. Now in process of downloading my data to a secure device. Phew im relieved to say the least.
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

Hi @sajohnston1  Thanks for the update and glad to hear it's now working ok for you and you can download your data.

Cheers
John

0 Ratings