Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Tewksman
Beginner
Message 1 of 2

Cloud access from another PC

Go to solution

I backed up some folders from one PC and later tried to selectively restore a single small file to another PC.  The restore function seemed (TRANSFERS display) to be looking at every single file inside all my backep up folder (taking hours!) rather than just restoring the file I wanted.  What did I do wrong?

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
BT Cloud Expert
BT Cloud Expert
Message 2 of 2

Re: Cloud access from another PC

Go to solution

Hi @Tewksman,

The best way to download a single file from BT Cloud would be via the BT Cloud website at https://btcloud.bt.com. You can find the file you're looking for by searching for it (if you know the file name), or by browsing your folder structure in the All My Files section of the website. Here you can select individual files, and then download them.

It is possible to do this using the desktop software too, but as you discovered the 'Restore' function is designed with people who are trying to restore all their PC files to a new device, so it's not the most efficient way of doing things.

Thanks,

Joe

BT Cloud ExpertJoeV
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
I am a BT Employee and an expert on BT Cloud. I am here volunteering my own time to give advice, on BT Cloud queries. Go here for more info.
0 Ratings