cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Cloud access when you have multiple accounts

I have a new BT account replacing an old one through work. My cloud data is on the old account but is not accessible through MYBT even though both accounts are selectable. If I log in to my new account it says I have a cloud account on my old account number and to change account. When I change to my old account, Cloud is unavailable to manage.

Does anyone else have this problem?  

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Cloud access when you have multiple accounts

Hi @tikitu, if the broadband account that your BT Cloud is associated to has been cancelled then the BT Cloud service will continue to work for 60 days on that account after its closed and the data may have been deleted if this timescale has passed. We'll need to take a look at your BT ID details and remove the old account number from your login as this may be stopping you setting it up for your new account number. I'll send you a private message so you can get in touch.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

I have the same problem except my older account is alive & kicking and just has my mobile on it. A new broadband package was started in a new account a year ago, as it was too difficult apparently to provide a package on my existing landline no.,  with the promise that I would still be able to access my existing BT Cloud data which I could for what I believe has been 6 months or more. Despite reassurances, moving the broadband seems to have isolated the data, a lack of understanding by the Front Office I suspect. I need to be able to access the data if only to move it somewhere else. I've had several long phone calls with various departments over the last few months but the expertise to understand the problem and help is just not readily available. There are probably various options like adding broadband to the old account but can this be done and will the data be lost in the process? The telephone number of someone who can help would be great!

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Hi @BeyondHelpdesk and welcome.

Have you tried contacting the Cloud Helpdesk on 0808 100 6778? You should be able to get a case raised and escalated if frontline can't help. Can you try that and let me know how it goes?

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Hi, I've got around this problem by loading the BT Cloud app on my laptop and accessing the data from this. You are able to logon to the web and download or delete the files etc.
You may have tried this but if not, give it a go.
Tikitu
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Thanks for the advice! I often had to rely on the Manage BT Cloud option on bt.com for access. I was hoping that some of the BT Cloud.com links I've found would take me straight there but no joy, I get slightly different error messages from both accounts/BT ID's. I'll try what I believe is the BT Cloud Helpdesk on 0800 500 3114 ...

0 Ratings